sorry it took me so long to get this posted, my computer crashes like every 5 minutes. so-
1. The Dickies- Banana Splits theme
-----we don't have the Ramones any more, but the Dickies are still kicking ass and playing with phallic sock puppets on stage and wearing panties on their heads. they also do a great cover of Paranoid. pretty much all their stuff is good.
2. 5th Dimension- Stoned Soul Picnic
-----love the funky groove and trippy vocals. popular music used to be GOOD!
3. Rhythm Heritage- Theme from S.W.A.T.
-----quite possibly the funkiest thang ever?
4. Bubble Puppy- Hot Smoke and Sassafrass
-----i am not a hippie. but i like this song. apparently #1 worldwide for 2 months back in '68. and they jammed with the who once. they call themselves the most feared opening act in rock history.
5. The French Connection- Penguin Walk
-----i don't really know anything at all about this one. but i like it.
6. Hasil Adkins- Chicken Walk
-----i put one of his LESS weird songs on here, so's not to scare anyone off. this dude is a one-man hillbilly stampede of a band. he does all the guitars and um, drums(or boards or whatever the hell he's doing) by himself, he's been around since before elvis was famous, and he wrote the original She Said, which is even MORE INSANE than the Cramps version.
7. Chuck E. Weiss- Extremely Cool
-----this is the guy that Rickie Lee Jones wrote "Chuck E.'s in Love" about. he's done stuff with tom waits, i guess you could call him the LA-surfer-style tom waits.
8. The Chants R&B- I'm Your Witchdoctor
-----New Zealand? 1964? yowza!
9. Cato Salsa Experience- Albert Bones Electric Meal
----- the best band in norway
10. Sammy Davis Jr. + Buddy Rich- Come Back to Me
----- this song is just so freakin' awesome, it makes me want to scream. total hardcore, and the lyrics are the best. on a horse or a DUCK? wrapped in mink or saran?
11. Booker T. and the MG's- Time is Tight
----- a classic. the clash do a great cover of this one.
12. Fritz the Cat soundtrack(Melvin Sparks, Charles Earland, Idris Muhammed)- Black Talk
-----great movie. so politically INcorrect, and slammin soundtrack. cartoon animal porn!
13. Professor Longhair- Hey Little Girl
-----what a piano player. i love the fact that Dr. Professor Longhair was a little old bald man.
14. Sugababes- Freak Like Me
-----aren't we all?
15. The Avengers- End of the World
-----this shit ROCKS!
16.Blood Oranges- Miss it All
----- a very awesomely excellent band. i wish they'd play another show. i've heard they are working on some new stuff.
17. Astrud Gilberto- Agua de Beber
----- a cool drink on a hot day...
18. Earl Van Dyke- Six by Six
-----Nicknamed the "Chunk of Funk," Earl Van Dyke was the keyboardist/bandleader for the Motown studio band of the '60s affectionately dubbed the Funk Brothers. The band can be heard on 22 number one pop hits, 48 number one R&B hits, generating sales of over 300 million records
19. Os Mutantes- Saravah
----- if you hadn't heard this band before, you were seriously missing out. the Brazilian beatles. they used to cause riots when they played. "Cantor de Mambo" is also a good one. all their stuff is pretty damn amazing.
20. Velvet Underground- The Ocean (from "VU" album)
----- i used to fall asleep to the first side of the VU album every night in high school. the earth is a hollow hair, part of a bigger head, it nearly drives me crazy.
21. Jackie Breston and his Delta Cats(Ike Turner on piano)- In My Real Gone Rocket
---- play that mofo, Ike!
22. The Pagans- Eyes of Satan
----- these guys are NOT kidding!
23. Rolling Stones- Con la Mie Lacrime
----- i think it actually sound better in italian
24. Redd Kross- Notes and Chords Mean Nothing to Me
-----it's all about the hooks.
25. Split Lip Rayfield- Barnburner
26. The Parkinsons- Too Many Shutups
----- crazy ass portugese punks who have been known to pee on the audience
27. Robert John- Sad Eyes
----- #1 in 1979. this was (i'm 90% sure) on the first album i ever owned, K-Tel Supersonics, the one with the headphones with wings flying through the air. what a RIPPIN' guitar solo!