Rev. Brixx
Jake the SNake smokin crack,bra?
coughlin
QUOTE(Rev. Brixx @ Jun 20 2009, 02:36 PM) *

Jake the SNake smokin crack,bra?

nope, that's "beyond the mat."
anatomicallyincorrect
Forever Hardcore

Good companion piece to the WWE's "Rise And Fall Of ECW".
Mike C
awesome movie, coughlin. Vince McMahon getting punched out for real, classic ending. I now love the Hitman. Dude did it right.
anatomicallyincorrect
QUOTE(Mike C @ Jun 21 2009, 11:17 AM) *
awesome movie, coughlin. Vince McMahon getting punched out for real, classic ending. I now love the Hitman. Dude did it right.

Bret screwed Bret.
Rev. Brixx
QUOTE(anatomicallyincorrect @ Jun 21 2009, 11:30 AM) *

Bret screwed Bret.

vince McMahon ruined wrestlin! Killed Owen over a dispute with Bret..FUCK VINCE!!!
coughlin
QUOTE(Rev. Brixx @ Jun 21 2009, 01:34 PM) *

vince McMahon ruined wrestlin! Killed Owen over a dispute with Bret..FUCK VINCE!!!

you can't be serious about that...
Rev. Brixx
QUOTE(coughlin @ Jun 21 2009, 01:54 PM) *

100%,bra! the motto goes "dont cross the boss!"..Bret crossed the boss n a week later Owen fell from the rafters to his death...coincidence?..I think not!
Mike C
QUOTE(coughlin @ Jun 21 2009, 01:54 PM) *

I'm not saying it's true but after watching that, first thing that crossed my mind. Highly doubt it's true because Vince had to pay money on that accident but it does make you wonder. McMahon must have been pissed when he got knocked the F out. Wish I had been there to see that. Damn shame Brett Hart made them turn off the cameras for it. Classic that Vince lies and Hart was the first smart one to wear a wire to expose the phony BS artist.
coughlin
QUOTE(Mike C @ Jun 21 2009, 07:43 PM) *

I'm not saying it's true but after watching that, first thing that crossed my mind. Highly doubt it's true because Vince had to pay money on that accident but it does make you wonder. McMahon must have been pissed when he got knocked the F out. Wish I had been there to see that. Damn shame Brett Hart made them turn off the cameras for it. Classic that Vince lies and Hart was the first smart one to wear a wire to expose the phony BS artist.

i could swear i've seen footage of bret clocking vince... any chance it was shot and vince blocked 'em from using it?
Mike C
QUOTE(coughlin @ Jun 21 2009, 07:55 PM) *

i could swear i've seen footage of bret clocking vince... any chance it was shot and vince blocked 'em from using it?

No clue, you are more an expert on this subject than me. First I really knew of this whole thing was watching the movie.
coughlin
QUOTE(Mike C @ Jun 21 2009, 07:58 PM) *

No clue, you are more an expert on this subject than me. First I really knew of this whole thing was watching the movie.

if you like this, you'll LOVE "beyond the mat," crazy-ass docu w/profiles of mick foley, terry funk & jake the snake, lotsa backstage stuff, hilarious, sad, & occasionally gruesome...

"the wrestler" is great too. of course...
Woody Goodbeat
QUOTE(coughlin @ Jun 20 2009, 03:30 PM) *

"beyond the mat."

Some of the most depressing shit I have seen, yet was glued to it when watching.
coughlin
QUOTE(Woody Goodbeat @ Jun 21 2009, 08:06 PM) *

Some of the most depressing shit I have seen, yet was glued to it when watching.

woody, did you know tiny tim was on wwf once?
lawler interviewd him & smashed up his ukulele... tiny was pissa, pretending to wig out & shit
Rev. Brixx
QUOTE(coughlin @ Jun 21 2009, 08:18 PM) *

lawler interviewd him & smashed up his ukulele... tiny was pissa, pretending to wig out & shit

Jake the Snake smoking crack!
Woody Goodbeat
QUOTE(coughlin @ Jun 21 2009, 08:18 PM) *

yeah
DotRat
Just watched this now. I haven't been a fan of wrestling since I was maybe 10 but I really liked this. Good find coughlin!
coughlin
QUOTE(DotRat @ Jun 21 2009, 09:27 PM) *

Just watched this now. I haven't been a fan of wrestling since I was maybe 10 but I really liked this. Good find coughlin!

seriously, get "beyond the mat," ungodly good...

also there's a short thing out there (under an hour?) called "3 faces of foley" which is pretty great
(cactus jack, mankind, & dude love, which are all foley o' course)
mankind's 2 autobios are good too
Rev. Brixx
RISE N FALL OF ECW will bring a tear to your eye!
Flipper

No amount of perceived/feigned/staged "real human drama" back-story could ever get me to sit through 90+ minutes of "pro-wrestlers" and their fans desperately trying to validate their collective idiocy by way of a "documentary".

I fart on this.

DotRat
QUOTE(Flipper @ Jun 21 2009, 10:27 PM) *

No amount of perceived/feigned/staged "real human drama" back-story could ever get me to sit through 90+ minutes of "pro-wrestlers" and their fans desperately trying to validate their collective idiocy by way of a "documentary".

I fart on this.

I felt the same way when I saw it was 90+ minutes, but I'm stuck at work overnight so I gave it a shot. Its actually really good. Its legit "good guy" vs "bad guy" real-life drama. Basically it shows that Vince McMahon is a slimy, big-business douchebag. I'm not a wrestling fan in the least bit but it was cool to see how they make their storylines and what goes on behind the scenes.
(Also some of the fan interviews were hilarious laughing.gif - One woman stated that "Brett Hart taught her that anything is possible and she went back to school because of him"....all while wearing an enormous sweatsuit and carrying a home-made sign)
Give it a shot if you have time to kill though.
HITMAN7204
QUOTE(coughlin @ Jun 21 2009, 08:32 PM) *

seriously, get "beyond the mat," ungodly good...

also there's a short thing out there (under an hour?) called "3 faces of foley" which is pretty great
(cactus jack, mankind, & dude love, which are all foley o' course)
mankind's 2 autobios are good too

As much as I like Foley's 1st 2 books, he 3rd one sucked (Hardcore Diaries). I liked Jericho's book the best.
I'm reading it for the 3rd time now.
anatomicallyincorrect
The definitive account of the Montreal Screw Job
coughlin
QUOTE(HITMAN7204 @ Jun 22 2009, 12:11 AM) *

As much as I like Foley's 1st 2 books, he 3rd one sucked (Hardcore Diaries). I liked Jericho's book the best.
I'm reading it for the 3rd time now.

ain't seen foley's 3rd
the opening bit in the first, where he watches the german nurse throw his ear in the trash & then asks him,
"that wrestling --- is all fake, no?" jeezus!

flair's book is pretty good (dvd anthology is astounding), heard piper's was not-so... i have dibiase's, but lotsa born-again stuff in it...

to flip (and to paraphrase yourself), these are compelling flicks in their own right --- well-made, compassionate & highly engaging... i've shown "beyond the mat" to people who thought they couldn't have cared less & they LOVED it... as far as fans' "idiocy," it's entertainment, which requires no more or less suspension of disbelief than yer average spy novel, superhero movie, etc... most people are in on the joke, and the ones that aren't (i've seen my share), well... more entertainment for me...
smile.gif
coughlin
too late to edit, but...
don't forget, a large percentage of these peple ARE amazing athletes (most "regular" athletes will tell you the same thing), who work w/no insurance (unless you can afford like, lloyd's of london), and no off-season, for generally a lot less money & generally worse conditions... i'm not saying anyone's forcing 'em, just that i admire their perseverance, and many are pissa people as well...

one small example: a friend went to see roddy piper in quincy the other nite... at the pre-show autograph signing, a fan told him his mother is a huge fan, but was too sick to make it... piper said, "you got a cell phone on you?" & stopped everything to call her & talk for a few minutes...
Mike C
QUOTE(Flipper @ Jun 21 2009, 10:27 PM) *

I fart on this.

Actually it's not that at all. Nice try on the review on the movie you didn't see. It doesn't validate it at all. But kind of leaves you questioning what it has become....
Rev. Brixx
VINCE MCMAHON KILLED FUCKIN WRESTLING.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.