Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Barney's Bar & Grill, East Boston
The Noise Boston > The Noise Board > Open Forum
Streetkid
ok..so after driving by this bar in East Boston I finally stop in for a drink after practice...so here's the weird part..
1. I walk in and blasted with spanish music on 10
2. EVERYBODY is staring at me because I am not spanish/mexican..like I'm a FED or something,,totally talking about me to each other..like they were paranoid..
3. there are about 10 booths,in each one 2 guys
4.'waitress' walking around with really short skirts,tits pretty much hanging out,holding cash in their hands..and not really good looking either,,all of 'em a bit chunky,then sitting in the booths talking to the guys

I know everyone in there doesnt speak English..but it was so strange..I got a rum & coke in a 6oz glass for $7.00..but every guy in there was drinkin a Corona..and there were no other women but the 6 working there..

I kept looking for a back entrance/stairway to the apartment upstairs,figuring the women were taking the guys up there for a session..but nothing

anyone know about this place..just curious cause it was fuckin weird.

CalGal
QUOTE(Streetkid @ Feb 8 2009, 11:07 PM) *

ok..so after driving by this bar in East Boston I finally stop in for a drink after practice...so here's the weird part..
2. EVERYBODY is staring at me because I am not spanish/mexican..like I'm a FED or something,,totally talking about me to each other..like they were paranoid..
4.'waitress' walking around with really short skirts,tits pretty much hanging out,holding cash in their hands..and not really good looking either,,all of 'em a bit chunky,then sitting in the booths talking to the guys

I know everyone in there doesnt speak English..but it was so strange..I got a rum & coke in a 6oz glass for $7.00..but every guy in there was drinkin a Corona..and there were no other women but the 6 working there..

I kept looking for a back entrance/stairway to the apartment upstairs,figuring the women were taking the guys up there for a session..but nothing

laughing.gif laughing.gif laughing.gif
Don't move to LA!

ArtGuy
Used to be THE place for Italian BBQ.
stiggs
QUOTE(ArtGuy @ Feb 9 2009, 07:16 AM) *

Italian BBQ?
Dook of Oil
QUOTE(ArtGuy @ Feb 9 2009, 08:16 AM) *

Yep. HAven't been since I was a kid. Now I just stick to Santarps for BBQ plates.
Orr
Word on the streets is that itís one of East Bostonís brothels. One night at Jevilliís someone gave me the run down. But if thatís the kind of place you are looking for then I suggest the Medelo bar on Chelsea St just past Day Sq. The most beautiful women are there. The problem is that its way more of a Colombia bar. Iíve been there a couple of times and every time I feel like a cop.
Rev. Brixx
QUOTE(ArtGuy @ Feb 9 2009, 07:16 AM) *

There si no such thing as Italain BBQ,bra!
Look Sharp!
QUOTE(Orr @ Feb 9 2009, 08:23 AM) *

Word on the streets is that itís one of East Bostonís brothels. One night at Jevilliís someone gave me the run down. But if thatís the kind of place you are looking for then I suggest the Medelo bar on Chelsea St just past Day Sq. The most beautiful women are there. The problem is that its way more of a Colombia bar. Iíve been there a couple of times and every time I feel like a cop.

i fuckin love posts like this
Tantra, Goddess of Flight
QUOTE(Streetkid @ Feb 8 2009, 10:07 PM) *

Eastie's not Italian anymore. And hispanic women don't go drinkin' with the guys. It's not part of the machismo culture.
Rev. Brixx
QUOTE(Tantra, Goddess of Flight @ Feb 9 2009, 10:13 AM) *

Eastie's not Italian anymore. And hispanic women don't go drinkin' with the guys . It's not part of the machismo culture.

Exactly! the Tex-Icans go out on the prowl for white tail!
smcd
QUOTE(Streetkid @ Feb 8 2009, 10:07 PM) *

'waitress' ...all of 'em a bit chunky

You say this like it's a bad thing.
Streetkid
QUOTE(Orr @ Feb 9 2009, 09:23 AM) *

That makes total sence..so where are they taking the 'date'?..been to The Medelo when it was the biggest coke bar,The Pony Lounge..wouldn't go there now being a Columbian bar...arn't those guys fuckin nuts??
Orr
I've never purchased there myself but speaking to people who have it happens upstairs. Medelo is still a sketchy coke bar. Its still not as bad as the other brothel Kioskio (sp) closer to the Revere line
Look Sharp!
QUOTE(Streetkid @ Feb 9 2009, 03:53 PM) *

That makes total sence..so where are they taking the 'date'?..been to The Medelo when it was the biggest coke bar,The Pony Lounge..wouldn't go there now being a Columbian bar...arn't those guys fuckin nuts??

i got drunk at the pony lounge once - i was killing like six hours or something waiting to drop my friend off at logan - we went in and hung out for about two hours - they were mean to us when we got there, but they loved us after two hours - never saw coke, but wasnt looking

Look Sharp!
QUOTE(Orr @ Feb 9 2009, 04:04 PM) *

I've never purchased there myself but speaking to people who have it happens upstairs. Medelo is still a sketchy coke bar. Its still not as bad as the other brothel Kioskio (sp) closer to the Revere line

dude your lenny anticipating avatar was ths shit!

anyhow, what do you know about G&T lounge on 99 in everett?
Look Sharp!
OK, where do we start. Rino's Place, my favorite Italian spot in the city, does not have a bar and always has a wait, forcing the alcoholics among us to seek alternative accommodation in the immediate vicinity while we wait to get called back to Rino's with a ready table. Barney's is right around the corner from Rino's and I (literally) stumbled into the place 2 years ago thinking Barney was an Irishman and there would be Guinness and brogues aplenty, after all, Eastie used to have an Irish and Italian immigrant population.......

BOY WAS I WRONG!!!!!

You open up the front door with a slight sense of hesitation since it looks like there have been patched bullet holes in the door frame, and instead of Danny Boy with a side of black and white pudding you get, SALSA --SALSA-- SALSA, not the dip, the MUSIC, and LOUD at that.

Apparently, Barney has 'left the premises' for quite some time now. It was like a sceen from the movie, Blast from the Past, when Moms Ice Cream store becomes a biker bar, this place is a MUST SEE!

First of all, soccer on all the TV, thats a given, if you are not latin, you will be the only ones there, but everyone is very, very cool, so no worries, but ladies, do take a date. there is a wood charcoal grill, aka Santarpios, behind the bar so the place has a smokey atmosphere, but the Waitresses are the real show here....

6 inch heels, short skirts, and more decollete than a St. Pauli Girl, LATIN STYLE, which translates to bright colors in all the right places.

Now THESE ARE REALLY JUST WAITRESSES, this is a bar and grill, ( the sign says so outside), not a men's club, there is a pool table in the back and patrons seem to dance everywhere, especially around the bar, but the waitresses all carry WADS of CASH in one hand to take care of the drink orders as soon as they are delivered, ( they have no pockets was the only explanation I could think of, poor girls) so you can only imagine what the place looks like to the uninitiated first time patron, or to my wife the first time I took her, lets just say I had some initial explaining to do.

But hey, the place is a blast, PLEASE someone try the food, I will give it a shot myself next week, but the local wildlife is the main attraction here, so if you are waiting 2 hours to sit down at Rino's, and want a little pre-dinner show, check out Barney's

How many other restaurants/clubs change owners, change patrons, change menus, change EVERYTHING, but keep the name and original sign-age? Only in Eastie!

God Bless
Orr
QUOTE(Look Sharp! @ Feb 9 2009, 04:08 PM) *

G & T is our of my world. I was sitting at the bar at jevilli's in day sq one night and one of the locals explained the whole set up with Barney's, medelo and Kiosko.

Every time I think about changing Lenny I can't it always makes me laugh.
Orr
I'm pissed I lost taht Lenny picture. I'll have to update it later.
EricDoberman
G&T is a cheap, divey bar that does most of it's business after quitting time for the local industrial workers.

It's low key and not a coke den like some other bars in that town.
Look Sharp!
QUOTE(EricDoberman @ Feb 9 2009, 04:34 PM) *

G&T is a cheap, divey bar that does most of it's business after quitting time for the local industrial workers.

It's low key and not a coke den like some other bars in that town.

thank you doberman

never been in , but i take 99 to avoid the toll coming into town from the north shore, and i always wonder about it - it looks closed down lately
Look Sharp!
QUOTE(Orr @ Feb 9 2009, 04:19 PM) *

G & T is our of my world.

thats a pretty good review!
walk on the beach
QUOTE(Orr @ Feb 9 2009, 08:23 AM) *

why would someone take a chance on an illegal brothel in MA when they are legal in RI??
Orr
QUOTE(walk on the beach @ Feb 9 2009, 06:53 PM) *

why would someone take a chance on an illegal brothel in MA when they are legal in RI??

maybe they don't have a car or they have bad memories of RI or maybe their sister or mother works in the RI brothels and they want to avoid a very strange moment. There are more I'm sure.
teenbillybaby
This tread should be titled $7 rum and coke. WTF!!!

Other than that, where's the surprise?? Spanish speaking Mexican Americans in Eastie?? Who knew??
Streetkid
QUOTE(Look Sharp! @ Feb 9 2009, 05:08 PM) *

Hey..been to the G&T many times..its so fuckin old school Italian! great pizza and great Chicken Parm.,thats pretty much it though..some old school Italian apps and shit..The owner,Joe is a good dude.right off the boat...he owns the car lot/auto body next door...I can guarantee what you THINK it looks like on the outside,isnt inside..marble,glass..its a nice place.
Streetkid
QUOTE(teenbillybaby @ Feb 10 2009, 11:21 AM) *

Other than that, where's the surprise?? Spanish speaking Mexican Americans in Eastie?? Who knew??

I don't mind spending $7 for a Rum n Coke,,as long as its in a 16oz class and 80% Rum,,,but this fuckin glass was the size of a shot glass!! I mean one SIP and gone..never again,,but then again,I did not fit in and was made very aware that I was not really welcome.
EricDoberman
QUOTE(teenbillybaby @ Feb 10 2009, 11:21 AM) *

South American immigrant bars are expensive generally, at least in Boston and NYC. The one in my neighborhood gets nine bucks for call liquor like Beam or Smirnoff.

It's not a "two sets of prices" thing either. I've seen them charge regulars/countrymen similar prices.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.