Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: where can i find a decent brown fedora
The Noise Boston > The Noise Board > Open Forum
mfk
Hey collective wisdom of the Noiseboard....

I'm seeking a brown fedora for a Rorschach costume for halloween...

I just got back from the garment district and while they did indeed have brown fedoras, they were all way too small and the ones that fit were only in black silk. I've got the raincoat and scarf, a plan on how to make the mask, i just need the hat.

Any suggestions?

IPB Image
CalGal
I did see some fedoras at Target-really.
Gitfiddler
There was a Men's Clothier shoppe on Washington Street in Downtown Crossing that was known for having pimp suits, zuit suits and the like as well as a large selection of hats and fedoras. It was kind of an institution, so I'd imagine it's still there. It's near Washington and West Streets.
Flipper
You're trying way too hard to put together a douchey Halloween costume that no one (unless you're going to a Halloween party at Dimenno's) is going to "get".

Knock it off.
allie
QUOTE(Flipper @ Oct 28 2008, 09:49 PM) *

You're trying way too hard to put together a douchey Halloween costume that no one (unless you're going to a Halloween party at Dimenno's) is going to "get".

Knock it off.

Actually, Watchmen is one of the most anticipated films of '09. Huge graphic novel too. I just read it for the first time this year, but it's been pretty popular for years. At any rate, I "get it." bleh.gif
Flipper

Hai, Dimenno!

bleh.gif
allie
QUOTE(Flipper @ Oct 28 2008, 10:09 PM) *

Hai, Dimenno!

bleh.gif

That really hurts.
Flipper
QUOTE(allie @ Oct 28 2008, 10:10 PM) *

That really hurts.

IPB Image
Danny Boy®
Its almost 2009....who doesnt have a decent brown fedora?
Charlemagne
There is a hat store right in Central Square I believe. I forget exactly where but not too far from the Middle East. I am sure they have what you're looking for (if it is still around).
sugar daddy
http://www.jamaicaplaingazette.com/node/2487
mfk
QUOTE(Flipper @ Oct 28 2008, 08:49 PM) *

Knock it off.

i'm not trying 'too hard', i just want to know where to get a damn brown fedora
His Daddy
QUOTE(mfk @ Oct 28 2008, 10:55 PM) *

Saw a bunch when helping a buddy find a cowboy hat (for a murder mystery party) a few weeks back. They had a bunch of brown and black fedoras at Building #19 in Weymouth, and the Burlington Coat Factory in Braintree. I'd definitely check in first with your local Building #19 -- it's absolutely up their aisle (get it?)
JuJuagogo
QUOTE(mfk @ Oct 28 2008, 10:55 PM) *

They are now in style for women - not sure about men. I have seen them in Target (as someone mentioned earlier) in a variety of Colors.

Also Dots is advertising them - I get Emails from them. So i'm assuming any cheapo major store like Walmart and Target would have them.

If not what about the Costume/Joke Shop on Moody Street in Waltham - there used to also be one called Jokers Wild in Reading/North Reading. Thats where I got my Top Hat (And a really nice one) when I made my White Rabbit Costume.
afinemess

yeah, you should be able to find an inexpensive 'costume' hat for maybe a Freddy Kruger costume & make it work...

would try the iParty's, and yeah Target, or any of the seasonal type halloween shops that pop up every year..

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.