Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zack More Away
The Noise Boston > The Noise Board > Open Forum
Zack Away
come visit me you muthafukas!!!!

holy crap, I live in Europe!!!

I was completely unprepared and it still worked out, I'm here in a pension hotel looking for a flat. I'm freaking! I sat across from so36 drinking beers tonight.
Mister Shhh
Cool man. Good luck with it. MarkVI will most likely be stopping by.
Horror Business
Good luck, that sounds like an exciting move. You moved for your job, right?
lisalisa
That does sound exciting. Do you have any friends there or coworkers coming along?
Vieira
QUOTE(Horror Business @ Oct 27 2008, 05:57 PM) *

You moved for your job, right?

IPB Image

????
omelette
that's awesome, Berlin's a great city.

cheap and tasty doner kebab everywhere!
WTF Jones
ballsy
FrankD
look for the good bootlegs if they still make them on the seedyrom anymore and not on the interwebe.
Mark VI
QUOTE(Mister Shhh @ Oct 27 2008, 05:27 PM) *

Cool man. Good luck with it. MarkVI will most likely be stopping by.

fuck yes!
benhamean
You homo.
JodyThePig
A man can only live in San Francisco for so long before his heart begins to yearn for Lebensraum.
FrankD
QUOTE(JodyThePig @ Oct 28 2008, 09:19 AM) *

A man can only live in San Francisco for so long before his heart begins to yearn for Lebensraum.

easy now Johann
JodyThePig
QUOTE(FrankD @ Oct 28 2008, 10:13 AM) *

easy now Johann

I'm just happy he didn't annex Berkeley instead.
Zack Away
QUOTE(benhamean @ Oct 28 2008, 08:17 AM) *

You homo.

so what's your point?

by the way, I followed your advice and unlike what you promised they did NOT appreciate the Hitler mustache I grew. thanks ass.
Charlemagne
When you get there, make the trip to Laboe, Germany (near Kiel) and visit U-995 (a Type VII U-Boat).

IPB Image
openbar
So jealous...I SO FUCKING HATE YOU RIGHT NOW.
allswellgirl
Tim and I will be there for New Year's Eve - let's party!
Um, you and I never met, but Ben can vouch for me smile.gif

Schöne Gruße!
Zack Away
QUOTE(allswellgirl @ Oct 28 2008, 03:03 PM) *

Schöne Gruße!

we all know that everyone on the NB is of superior character and grace!

hit me up!!

teenbillybaby
Zack: Tell us about life in Berlin and what it's like there, please!!

Do you know anyone there??
Zack Away
QUOTE(teenbillybaby @ Oct 28 2008, 05:44 PM) *

Zack: Tell us about life in Berlin and what it's like there, please!!

Do you know anyone there??

I'm so new I can't really say what its like. I've been in California so long I am a weather wimp so the cool air is tough to deal with right now. the people are ....... different? lots of Berliners look, how shall I say this? unhappy? grim? like they crapped their pants? something in the national psyche I recon. I know people look at my goofy, smiling mug and think 'what the fuck??' they are pretty cool once you get them talking though. some really nice parts to see and like all cities some utter crap (Alexander Platz is not my cup of tea) I desperately need a flat so the stress of that is making me nuts but I know once I'm set up I'll be alot more content.

the men are hideous and the women ungodly beautiful.
allswellgirl
QUOTE(Zack Away @ Oct 28 2008, 04:05 PM) *

we all know that everyone on the NB is of superior character and grace!

hit me up!!

You're on! Seems like a perfect opportunity to ask the other Berliners here for advice - Mark VI? Others?
Where should we be going to eat and drink? I'd like a nice place to take another couple for dinner in the city. We'd also like to catch up on as much of the contemporary art galleries / spaces / museums as possible (which may be tough with things closing up for the holidays).
I think we're staying near the Wintermarkt am Schlo
allswellgirl
oops - am Schloss Charlottenburg
Dook of Oil
Do they need civil engineers there? Hook a brother up with a job!
JodyThePig
QUOTE(Zack Away @ Oct 29 2008, 09:47 AM) *

I'm so new I can't really say what its like. I've been in California so long I am a weather wimp so the cool air is tough to deal with right now. the people are ....... different? lots of Berliners look, how shall I say this? unhappy? grim? like they crapped their pants? something in the national psyche I recon. I know people look at my goofy, smiling mug and think 'what the fuck??'

"If you're going to Berlin, Germany, be sure to wear some Weltschmerz in your hair."
FrankD
QUOTE(allswellgirl @ Oct 29 2008, 10:57 AM) *

You're on! Seems like a perfect opportunity to ask the other Berliners here for advice - Mark VI? Others?

we are all berliners
Zack Away
QUOTE(allswellgirl @ Oct 29 2008, 10:58 AM) *

oops - am Schloss Charlottenburg

I work right by the Westend U Bahn station in Charlottenberg. I'll be staying in Prenzluaer berg (north) by then I hope. but Kreuzberg is the party spot.

allswellgirl
QUOTE(FrankD @ Oct 29 2008, 12:14 PM) *

we are all berliners

IPB Image

From WikiTravel Berlin
Boxhagenerkiez The area around Boxhagenerplatz is filled with bars, cafes and small shops. Boxhagenerplatz itself is a small park with a playground and a cafe, and the nearby Simon Dach Strasse is filled with cheap bars and restaurants. At the weekend you can find many places that serve the famous, cheap Berliner brunch. On Sundays there is a small flea market worth strolling around.

Sounds cool! I haven't been to Berlin since the wall came down, so it is a completely new city for me. Zack, you must be having quite a time exploring. Please feel free to send some advice my way and I'll get in touch closer to NYE. Advice on a really nice place for dinner would be greatly appreciated. I've heard that the restaurant at the Reichstag is good, but I'd prefer intimate if possible.

Oh, and Germans are a dour lot - until you drink with them. Then you'll have friends for life. beer.gif
Mark VI
QUOTE(Zack Away @ Oct 29 2008, 09:47 AM) *

lots of Berliners look, how shall I say this? unhappy? grim? like they crapped their pants? something in the national psyche I recon.

the men are hideous and the women ungodly beautiful.

berliners have a very dark humor. from the war and the cold war. i believe it is just passed down at this point, from father to son.

my favorite city in the world. be ready for a really dark winter. it will get pitch black at about 4:30 or as it is for you now 16:30. the city is amazing in the summer. the sun will be out past 22:00.

in december there will be a huge christmas carnival on unter de linden. it is beautiful. really. the biggest indoor tree i have ever seen is in KaDeWe.

oh, and a big 'hell ya!' on the women there.
benhamean
QUOTE(Zack Away @ Oct 28 2008, 10:47 AM) *

so what's your point?

by the way, I followed your advice and unlike what you promised they did NOT appreciate the Hitler mustache I grew. thanks ass.

Yeah, but I bet you forgot the part about walking into work the first day and screaming 'You are all eunuchs! WITH CUNTS FOR EYES!!!'

QUOTE(allswellgirl @ Oct 28 2008, 03:03 PM) *

Schöne Gruße!

She's very very nice, and knows a lot about ROCK!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.