Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Obama will lose PA over this
The Noise Boston > The Noise Board > Open Forum
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
wdoa
Certainly not Obama's fault but I think we all know how this will play out.

Big black man mugged white woman, then beat her and mutilated her because she is a McCain supporter. Don't think this won't hurt Obama.

http://kdka.com/politics/McCain.Campaign.W...r.2.847449.html

Pittsburgh police are investigating after a volunteer for the Republican campaign says she was attacked by a mugger who became enraged after seeing a John McCain bumper sticker on her car last night.

According to police, the 20-year-old woman said she was robbed at an ATM at the corner of Liberty Avenue and Pearl Street in the Bloomfield area around 9pm Wednesday after leaving a Republican phone bank.

The woman told police that the suspect, described only as a dark-skinned African-American man about 6'4", stole $60 from her and became enraged after seeing a bumper sticker supporting Republican Presidential Candidate John McCain on her car.

The woman said the suspect punched and kicked her before knocking her the ground.
terrydactyl
another Charles Stuart type case, no doubt
Mister Shhh
He just wanted her to spread the wealth.
Dan Electro
Terrible story if true and so far there's no reason to not believe it, but the name Tawana Brawley keeps coming to mind. You youngsters can Google that one.
Mike C
"refused medical treatment after the assault, which happened outside the view of the bank's surveillance cameras."

Sounds like I was saying about the dead Obama bear could be true on this one as well. Do you really believe a guy that is mugging you is going to hang around to carve a B or stop to note her support of mccain? Why not just punch her or stab and run?

Chuck Stewart yep.

Lots of that going around.

allie
oof
allie
QUOTE(terrydactyl @ Oct 23 2008, 06:49 PM) *

another Charles Stuart type case, no doubt

This was my first thought. Republicans are getting desperate.
allie
She volunteers for his campaign. Not too suspicious.
bananahero
I feel awful for her if that's true, but her twitters make it a little suspect, no?

http://lifeinthefield.com/users/ashley-todd
#

atodd: Oh the blog I will be making soon... Its been a rough night #litf08#
Thu, 23 Oct 2008 03:52:58 +0000
#

atodd: Pretty sure I'm on the wrong side of pittsburgh
Thu, 23 Oct 2008 00:45:59 +0000
#

atodd: Stubbornly searching for a bank of america to avoid ATM fees.
Thu, 23 Oct 2008 00:23:21 +0000
#

atodd: This traffic in pittsburgh needs to go away!!!! #litf08
Wed, 22 Oct 2008 23:04:06 +0000
mfk
QUOTE(Dan Electro @ Oct 23 2008, 05:53 PM) *

Terrible story if true and so far there's no reason to not believe it, but the name Tawana Brawley keeps coming to mind. You youngsters can Google that one.

he became 'enraged after seeing her mccain sticker?'

FAIL.

More plausible version: She's a partisan operative who got mugged and decided to exploit it to try and make hay for McCain. Where's the 'mutilated' bit, too? One would think that if one was "mutilated" that they wouldn't refuse hospital care.
JohnnyBlack
I call bullshit.
Dan Electro
Just saw a picture of her on the web. It looks like she carved that "B" while looking in a mirror. Girl's got some 'splainin' to do as we say here on the board and the mugger sure had some good penmanship.

IPB Image
sixpinelbow
Looks like she's a big fan of McCain's french fries too
sugar daddy
I would like to see McCain fans jump all over it for a few days before proven a fabrication.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discu...ess=132x7578489
mfk
QUOTE(Dan Electro @ Oct 23 2008, 06:34 PM) *

Just saw a picture of her on the web. It looks like she carved that "B" while looking in a mirror. Girl's got some 'splainin' to do as we say here on the board and the mugger sure had some good penmanship.

IPB Image

ooof. I take back my original assessment.

Not so sure she was robbed at all now.
dimenno
QUOTE(wdoa @ Oct 23 2008, 05:45 PM) *

According to police, the 20-year-old woman said she was robbed at an ATM at the corner of Liberty Avenue and Pearl Street in the Bloomfield area around 9pm Wednesday after leaving a Republican phone bank.

My Aunt Lucille lives at the end of Pearl Street.

"KDKA Pittsburgh--listen to what we started!"
dimenno
I also suspect it's a set-up.
DanPM
Is she the dude from My Chemical Romance?
allie
I really hope this racist cunt goes to jail.
Maximum Tor
Nice that she chronicled the whole thing on Twitter

IPB Image
Truth be known
QUOTE(allie @ Oct 23 2008, 08:14 PM) *

She listens to 3 Doors Down...already one foot in the grave.
dimenno
QUOTE(Maximum Tor @ Oct 23 2008, 09:59 PM) *

Nice that she chronicled the whole thing on Twitter

IPB Image

I know that area like the back of my hand. It's my boyhood home. Liberty Avenue is very well-lit, and plenty of traffic. I'd be hard-pressed to imagine how she could have been mugged. By a black guy, no less.
LocalWiseMan
Sorry, I'd only care about this if she were cute and blonde.
mhaverty
QUOTE(Dan Electro @ Oct 23 2008, 07:34 PM) *

IPB Image

Not if he was behind her head while she was lying prone. But.... 99.99999% chance he was on top of her.
Mike C
QUOTE(mhaverty @ Oct 24 2008, 06:50 AM) *

Not if he was behind her head while she was lying prone. But.... 99.99999% chance he was on top of her.

99.999999999% there was no him.
mfk
QUOTE(mhaverty @ Oct 24 2008, 06:50 AM) *

Because it's more plausible that she just laid still with her arms and legs unrestrained while a crazy guy carves up her face?

Anyway, the police don't buy it either and they are making her submit to a polygraph. My bet is that she breaks down during the set up and admits it or that she lawyers up which also points to a hoax.
DanPM
Cattle branding is out of control.
SheilaTakeaBow
Wouldn't an "O" be more familiar, and easier to carve?
mhaverty
QUOTE(mfk @ Oct 24 2008, 08:30 AM) *

Because it's more plausible that she just laid still with her arms and legs unrestrained while a crazy guy carves up her face?

Anyway, the police don't buy it either and they are making her submit to a polygraph. My bet is that she breaks down during the set up and admits it or that she lawyers up which also points to a hoax.

Correct. That was my saying it is bullshit because that is the only plausible explanation for the lettering other than she Morton Downey Jr.'ed herself. Plausible only in execution of the letter being carved that way by another person and not by yourself in front of a mirror. Thus... not plausible in a real world rage scenerio as she would have had to have been lying still.
mfk
QUOTE(mhaverty @ Oct 24 2008, 08:44 AM) *

Correct. That was my saying it is bullshit because that is the only plausible explanation for the lettering other than she Morton Downey Jr.'ed herself. Plausible only in execution of the letter being carved that way by another person and not by yourself in front of a mirror. Thus... not plausible in a real world rage scenerio as she would have had to have been lying still.

I just saw this in another article:

Ms. Todd told police during at least five hours of questioning last night that her attacker said to her, "You are going to be a Barack supporter." She told police the man then sat on her chest, pinning both her hands down with his knees and used what she believed was a dull knife with a roughly 5-inch blade to carve the B.

you know who is going to look REALLY foolish? McCain and Palin who BOTH personally called this liar to support her.
DanPM
the dude forgot the L before the B
DanPM
Police just released a sketch of the suspect

IPB Image
Maximum Tor
QUOTE(DanPM @ Oct 24 2008, 10:35 AM) *

IPB Image
mhaverty
QUOTE(mfk @ Oct 24 2008, 10:11 AM) *

I just saw this in another article:

Ms. Todd told police during at least five hours of questioning last night that her attacker said to her, "You are going to be a Barack supporter." She told police the man then sat on her chest, pinning both her hands down with his knees and used what she believed was a dull knife with a roughly 5-inch blade to carve the B.

you know who is going to look REALLY foolish? McCain and Palin who BOTH personally called this liar to support her.

Cut the shit. They had no choice but to call her. It was the right thing to do.
DanPM

IPB Image
JodyThePig
QUOTE(DanPM @ Oct 24 2008, 09:35 AM) *

IPB Image
Maximum Tor
IPB Image
DanPM
IPB Image
DanPM

IPB Image
elk
QUOTE(DanPM @ Oct 24 2008, 09:35 AM) *

IPB Image

laughing.gif

I had totally forgotten about that. I need to find that youtube clip again.

Some of you may remember that the above picture was my avatar for some time, prior to the drunk guy thing.
Danny Vermin
I dont' get it.

what does the "B" stnad for?

"Bitch"?

"Black"?

"Big"?
Maximum Tor
IPB Image
DanPM
QUOTE(Danny Vermin @ Oct 24 2008, 10:43 AM) *

I dont' get it.

"Bitch"?

"Black"?

"Big"?

burgers
mfk
QUOTE(mhaverty @ Oct 24 2008, 09:38 AM) *

Cut the shit. They had no choice but to call her. It was the right thing to do.

one would think that they have bullshit detectors at a national campaign headquarters, perhaps?

It's not like the campaign just 'issued a statement'. McCain and Palin look REALLY foolish for having fallen for this hoax.
elk
QUOTE(Danny Vermin @ Oct 24 2008, 09:43 AM) *

I dont' get it.

"Bitch"?

"Black"?

"Big"?

Barry, homey. Barry Obama.
DanPM

IPB Image
Maximum Tor
IPB Image
DanPM

IPB Image

Maximum Tor
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.