Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You know you're from Saugus when...
The Noise Boston > The Noise Board > Open Forum
Dook of Oil

1.hate every guy from other places and they hate you too

2. care more about your hair and tan than anything else

3. Don't care about high school sports, you care more about getting fucked up at the farm

4. think the Club is "The Palace" R.I.P

5. have girls from other towns think you are straight hood, but you have more money than them

6. Know everything dealing with pimping cars, haircuts, drug dealing, other kids

7. Live within 5 minutes of Square One Mall, but go to the North Shore so you are not killed, and you can not find clothes you like at Seven Fox

8. Got high at the Days Inn

9. Only wear Armani Exchange, DKNY, FCUK, or Express

10. Witnessed a teacher accausted with a glass beaker, a book, a milk dud, paper airplanes, a stapler, a section of a table, and drugged with horse tranquilizers

11. Prefer the flatbrim to the beat up style hat

12. Eat at Kellys or Wendys in Lynn after midnight

13. would rather choose the funny line over the smart play with the whores at a party

14. witnessed the dildo toss in the hall, the millions of grasshoppers, all the food fights, and spoke about letting pigs go in the halls every year

15. wear only the iciest of shoes

16. were tattoed with an italian flag or old english letters

17. hooked up with a girl for the first time at a Blessed Sacrament Dance

18.At least one time in your life you rocked the blowout

19. Allow the party to continue when someone breaks out the machete

20. Are positive everybody bigger than you is juicing, but are usually right

21. Are positive you can kick every persons ass

22. The only Jewish thing you know is Nicole Pistones insides

23. noticed Rob Jeffrey and Matt Clouse were in this group and immediately forgot why you were in it

24. After Patriots Super Bowl Victory 1 you partied and watched titties fly and dicks flop around the center rotary

25. have called your congressmen to try and put a fence up on the Saugus-Lynn border to keep those filthy animals out
WTF Jones
26. Fingerbang da honeys up at Breakheart
WTF Jones
27. Don't find hotchickswithdouchebags "the least bit funny"
WTF Jones
You hate blacks but you still rock out to a Wu-Tang Clan cassette when you cruise around in your Dodge Neon.
me_
28. a large percentage of your home is comprised of some sort of stone work/masonry
Dook of Oil
29. Living on the Fellsway means you are rich.
me_
29. a christmastime you don't have enough juice to run your microwave thanks to your neighbors light display
Danny Vermin
QUOTE(me_ @ Jul 22 2008, 09:11 AM) *

28. a large percentage of your home is comprised of some sort of stone work/masonry

don't forget the wrought iron railings/window bars.
Dook of Oil
QUOTE(Danny Vermin @ Jul 22 2008, 10:13 AM) *

don't forget the Ford Mustangs.

tongue.gif
Danny Vermin
QUOTE(Dook of Oil @ Jul 22 2008, 09:13 AM) *

tongue.gif

We're talking abotu North Shore goombahs.

No Mustangs.

White 1987 Camaro IROC-Z's with T-tops, purple neon ground effects flourescent lighting, and an Italian horn and garter hanging from the mirror.
Dook of Oil
The mustang 5.0 was a must have in Saugus when I was a kid.
tom from out of town
your pitbull almost ate a little yappy dog running around unleashed when you took it to Lynn Woods
WTF Jones
You brag about the fact you can get breakfast, lunch & dinner lap dances at 3 different establishments within 3 square miles of one another.
FrankD
I grew up in the Sawgoose.

Most of them items did apply to me, with some variation.

Blessed Sacrement never had dances when i was a welp, but the KoC did....

my bands first gig was supposed to be at the Palace but our guitar player backed out at the last minute....now it's Homo Despot.

We had one jewish kid per grade and two black kids and or asian depending on the year. Diversity meant Irish OR Italian. Minority was Protestant but by only a few perentage points.

If you Dad didn't work at GE your mother DID.

The SQUARE ONE mall was an old fashioned 1950s style outside mall when i worked there at FANNY FARMERS.....and the secret government missile silos are probably still underneath.

I never really understood what this "farm" place is.

standard issue Saugus dress code: Levis, Converse Sneakers, thermal long sleeve undershirts with otehr shirt over it. Leather jackets inthe fall/winter, Jean Jackets in the Spring/summer....work boots.....

Sports was fucking fun.

The "BLUFF" was the top of this large hill that was too steep to build on top of, above a swamp and you could see the ocean to the east, mountains to the west and Boston to the south....liek a private playground....NOW houses filled that swamp and they built houses on the EDGE of the bluff by building concrete sustaining walls.......they wrecked a perfect place.....and now building on Blue Berry Hill.....
FrankD
the strip clubs are all up in peabody or revere. NONE are in Saugus....but people associate Rt 1 with the strip clubs....
Dook of Oil
Frank, the farm is the area behind Anna Parka out to Revere...

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&...1&encType=1

Up behind weylus...
WTF Jones
Your instinctual reaction is to kick the ass of anyone who dare say anything bad about Frank Giuffrida.
Dook of Oil
Culver City, 28, Culver City....means something to you.
FrankD
QUOTE(Dook of Oil @ Jul 22 2008, 10:30 AM) *

Up behind weylus...

holy fuck I never ever knew that.

I missed tons of parties up there I know that.

where was QUIMBY's??

Dook of Oil
QUOTE(FrankD @ Jul 22 2008, 11:37 AM) *

holy fuck I never ever knew that.

I missed tons of parties up there I know that.

where was QUIMBY's??

At the intersection of Hamilton Street and Boston Street/Lincoln Ave

Next to the river. The store next to it is Lynn Liquor Mart
FrankD
QUOTE(Dook of Oil @ Jul 22 2008, 10:45 AM) *

ah okay, I actually did go there a few times, saw shi shi bands....wasn't the same as Iimagined it would have been.....
Danny Vermin
30. - Your "Girlfriend" looks like this.

IPB Image
WTF Jones
You saw Great White at the Rock Pile - and lived to tell about it.
FrankD
QUOTE(Dook of Oil @ Jul 22 2008, 10:45 AM) *

ah okay, I actually did go there a few times, saw shi shi bands....wasn't the same as Iimagined it would have been.....
Evil Eddie C
QUOTE(FrankD @ Jul 22 2008, 10:24 AM) *

The SQUARE ONE mall was an old fashioned 1950s style outside mall when i worked there at FANNY FARMERS.....and the secret government missile silos are probably still underneath.

Holy shit, I was a Fanny man...Asst mgr of the Government Center store. Nobody was better at packing the fudge than I was...

We had big windows that got full sun in the springtime (just in time for Valentines) assuring us of having like 40% shrink...Ah, those crazy candy days....
Streetkid
QUOTE(Dook of Oil @ Jul 22 2008, 11:30 AM) *

Up behind weylus...

awww..spent many days in my youth riding dirt bikes there,,then over to Revere,behind Northgate..all before the cops and the state kicked us all out.
Streetkid
Every kid had to have a pair of JOX from Thom McAn..then Nike Hightop basketball sneeks,,most wore Timberlands,Levi jeans or cords from Pennyworths on Union St in Lynn or the Cliftondale store..flannel shirt open ,over the hard rock (Segar,B.O.C, Van Halen...) concert shirt from that show at The Garden the night before..and you had to get the shirt to show everyone at Saugus High how cool you were that your mom let you go to a Garden show. Friday night was the movies behind New England Shopping Center (now Sq. 1) Then pizza at Papa Gino's where Hollywood Video is,or late night at The Pancake House or IHOP.
dimenno
QUOTE(WTF Jones @ Jul 22 2008, 07:21 AM) *

26. Fingerbang da honeys up at Breakheart

Aka "The Murder Woods".
Bubbles
QUOTE(Dook of Oil @ Jul 22 2008, 10:30 AM) *
Up behind weylus...

I think we actually called it Weylus...

I didn't know about the silos.

Blessed Sacrament didn't have dances when I was there either.

Quimbys was behind the Saugus Cinema.
Dook of Oil
QUOTE(Bubbles @ Jul 22 2008, 04:51 PM) *

I think we actually called it Weylus...

I didn't know about the silos.

Blessed Sacrament didn't have dances when I was there either.

Quimbys was behind the Saugus Cinema.

That is Quimbys pond. The restaurant Quimby's is where the Boston St. Cafe / O'Brien's pub is.
FrankD
QUOTE(Streetkid @ Jul 22 2008, 12:51 PM) *

awww..spent many days in my youth riding dirt bikes there,,then over to Revere,behind Northgate..all before the cops and the state kicked us all out.

that's on my TO DO list....
FrankD
QUOTE(Dook of Oil @ Jul 22 2008, 04:18 PM) *

That is Quimbys pond. The restaurant Quimby's is where the Boston St. Cafe / O'Brien's pub is.

ahhh, Quimbys POND was where the parties were......I never knew that was there.....

Quimbys PUB is where people went on wednesday before thanksgiving...or friday after???

I remember a carnival that came to town where that Kmart area is....and all teh teenagers up on teh cliffs above.....they must have been that genrations "quimby's crowd"

how eurodite am I? I grew up in Saugus and my BEST recollection of anything QUIMBYs is the funky bookstore in Chicago....
FrankD
QUOTE(Evil Eddie C @ Jul 22 2008, 12:23 PM) *

Holy shit, I was a Fanny man...Asst mgr of the Government Center store. Nobody was better at packing the fudge than I was...

We had big windows that got full sun in the springtime (just in time for Valentines) assuring us of having like 40% shrink...Ah, those crazy candy days....

you may remember my mom Rita, she managed the Saugus store for maybe 20 years....

I got my 5 year pin....did you work for Mr Sherlock? Did you have the delivery guy named Ray with the wrap around sunglasses?

I was just recounting all the candy i'd ate over the years there to my kids.....I gotta write that stuff down : )

The ONLY gun play I ever heard about at that mall was my Mom was held up at gunpoint TWICE.....
Flipper

FrankD grew up in Brocksauguincyfallriverrettington.

FrankD
QUOTE(Flipper @ Jul 22 2008, 10:26 PM) *

FrankD grew up in Brocksauguincyfallriverrettington.

REVERE
SAUGUS <longest
BOSTON
ROXBURY/FENWAY
FOREST HILLS
JAMAICA PLAIN
ALLSTON
BROOKLINE
CAMBRIDGE
SOMERVILLE
ARLINGTON
HOPKINTON

family homes: LYNN, MALDEN, WATERTOWN, EAST BOSTON
lengthy rental; HARWICH
Dook of Oil
Heh. Just got this in an email....

1. You've ever completed the "Saugus 500"...(Cliftondale to the Center and back!)

2. You thought Red Hot Chili Pepper's "Under the Bridge" was a tribute to the small bridge behind SHS where the pot heads congregated before and after school....

3. You've driven by a pasture of plastic cows and a 50 foot cactus.

4. You've ever hit a golf ball past a large orange dinosaur and caused a 5 car pile up on the highway.

5. You've ever begged your parents to go to Founder's day....

6. You know how to pronounce Tontoquonian....

7. Every night before thanksgiving and any given Friday night can be sure to run into former SHS classmates at Boston St.

8. Every Thanksgiving you gathered at a frozen place called Stackpole believing "this would be the year" we beat Peabody.....

9. You know who and what a SKED is

10. You've ever said "KID"!!!!!

11. You know and love the "Saugus Someplace Special" sign

12. You've pondered why the Belmonte Middle School looked exactly like a prison... hmm....

13. You've been on a field trip to the IRON WORKS!

14. You have ever rented from Video Waves!!!

15. You know who Alex is

16. You've climbed "the wall" at Horizon's for youth and chomped Wint O Greens in the dark to see sparks. Also played the trust game where you fall backwards into your classmates arms.

17. Your favorite gym activity was "walking" and you did it while staring at a congested highway while skeevy old guys honked at you.

18. You not only know about the bushes on Juniper Drive, but you have gone to see them, at night, and got the shit scared out of you...

19. Your seventh grade typing teacher was a centerfold in Playboy 1977.

20. You included a few nightly stops at White Hen WHILE doing the loop /saugus 500

21. If you've looked forward to and attended the "Italian Feast" every August in the parking lot by ALCO (Bristow St.)

22. You remember being sent home from school due to a detection of asbestos in the air...and then been sent back a few days later...

23. You don't mind the polluted RESCO air because of the plentiful asbestos experiences in school.

24. You thought Kane's coffee rolls were always bigger than you head... and still are.

25. You know the gym teacher who fell off a zamboni

26. You've been bagged skipping school by Mr. Babcock

27. You've met up, hung out, and used the pay phone at the Mobile in Cliftondale

28. You've used the trolleys from the Christmas Stroll as your own personal taxi.

29. You've heard that "there must be something in the water".

30. You think that Full of Bull beat the shit out of Kelly's roast beef!

31. You were ever bagged at Dunkin Donuts or the Square One Mall for skippin' school by Mr. Bernard...

32. You know the direct route to Keddy's office or have a seat at inhouse!

33. You know and fear Mrs. Bradbury

34. A due date means the night before your big assignment you will be up all night due to (gasp!) PROCRASTINATION!

35. A new Dunks has opened where your childhood once was.

36. You've been shut off and kicked out of the Palace and you've stumbled into the Vogue and were served 6 more drinks...

37. You agree that it really is "SOMEPLACE SPECIAL"

38. You know not only the entry points but also the emergency exits (from in pursuit of police) to Comco, the farm, the carter, the marsh, the pole, the pumphouse, City of Lights and the pits.

39. You know of and have participated in the tradition of senior skip day.

40. You made your parents get Chinese food at Kowloon that one night of the year when it went towards a school fundraiser.

41. You were buying cigarettes at the mobile in Cliftondale at age 9.

42. You've walked up a million steps in the pitch black, in the woods to party at the pump house at the Rez........then stumbled your way back down at 100 mph as the cops showed up.

43. You've ever pahhhhtied at the Fahhhhhm

44. You've been to those queer dances at the church in cliftondale.

45. You've gotten caught lighting fires at Prankers pond by Mr. Downing

46. You went to the Central Street Children's School (the little red schoolhouse)

47. You've heard the story about the 2 girls beating the crap out of each other on the tracks..(pulling off finger nails and cutting hair off etc.)

48. You remember when Boston St Cafe used to be Quimby's

49. You've been to the Revere Cinema back when there was only a pay phone in each corner and a photo booth in the lobby.

50. You've had to run at least 1 mile around the track outside of Belmonte Middle School.

51. You've made a fluorescent pink or green shirt in Home Ec class with Mrs. Callahan.

52. You know that Steffy's (super seven) makes the best steak n cheese in the world!

53. You've heard about pizza lovers selling & delivering drugs out of their shop.

54. You've been warned to stay away from a "white van".

55. You've heard of "Chester the Molester"

56. You remember when there was just a Filene's basement where the Square 1 now resides.

57. You've bought a cassette tape at strawberries or coconuts.

58. You've been invited to a party at ROLLER WORLD! Pizza and cake in the private room!

59. You remember that Kohl's used to be Ames and before that it was Zayre's and it had an "eatery" in the back behind the fabric department.

60. Next to Zayre's was the old CHILD WORLD, way before MVP Sports!!

61. You know and love the giant Santa Claus waving at you from the lumber yard on route one.

62. As a child you were fascinated with ROWE the rock crushing factory near revere, now replaced with condominiums.

63. Kevin Tobin

64. You skipped school in 7th grade to take the bus into Boston to go buy a mood ring at "STAIRWAY to HEAVEN" with your buds!!

65. You saw E.T / Jedi at the movie theatre that resided in Saugus where the Square One mall is now!!

66. There was really a Godfrieds in Godfriends Plaza!!!

67. Made smoking devices out of clay in Mr Palmers class.

68. You've heard stories about Clowny the cannibal and have visited his barb-wired cave behind Pranker's Pond!!!

69. You've sat on the big pipe behind White Hen and smoked a joint.

70. The abandoned house...

71. You've ever been called a Vets Rat.

72. You can remember bouncing the pancakes served for school lunch off the ground and watching them bounce like rubber. And then you look up and see the baloney that was stuck to the ceiling for years.

73. You've ever climbed out of Mac's window to skip a class with a written pass to Dunkin' Donuts, and then knocked on it so he could send a student around to the door to be let back in...

74. Youv'e ever partied at the milk truck in the woods behind stackpole.

75. Dave Dubuque stole your bike.

76. You know Belmonte Middle School sinks two inches every year.

77. You know what The NH is.

78. Crossed the brook at Waybright.

79. Albie the old homeless guy bought beer for you when you were partying on the tracks. RIP Albie.

80. Gimpy Dave.

81. Rented a movie at Saugus Video and bought a triple fat goose at LB Pennyworth's

82. Partied behind Henkle & The Iron Works Bridge.

83. You've prank called AB and said you were Gina!!!

84. Thought the color day plays were so funny until the nest morning when we lost you realized they sucked

85. you remember Mr. Saccos turtle

86. or Mr. Schultiz version of motel california lmao

88. You remember when Pino's Pizza got busted for selling "magic mushroom" pizzas. And the midget who delivered for Pizzeria Niccolo.

89. You have driven up to Penny Hill Lane near Town Line, to go all the way to that scary mans house. Although, half way up the hill, you got way too scared by the "hidden messages" in the street signs to drive any further. Then, tried to do it again 2 hours later, after driving the Saugus 500, and got as far as the house, but then freaked out, because the man was "totally coming out of the house with a shotgun!!!!!"

Tantra, Goddess of Flight
QUOTE(Danny Vermin @ Jul 22 2008, 09:16 AM) *

We're talking abotu North Shore goombahs.

No Mustangs.

White 1987 Camaro IROC-Z's with T-tops, purple neon ground effects flourescent lighting, and an Italian horn and garter hanging from the mirror.

You don't see any more Camaros. That's too vintage for today's young Saugus hipsters. The Italian horn/other implements of Italianness and garter, yes, Camaro, no. Haven't seen the neon undercarriage lights recently, either.
Bubbles
[quote name='Dook of Oil' date='Jul 23 2008, 07:09 AM' post='3359954'] Heh. Just got this in an email....

19. Your seventh grade typing teacher was a centerfold in Playboy 1977.

The one with the Steve Tyler mouth.... SSS (space) LLL (space)

That science teacher too.... the one that had the huge bags under her eyes all the time.

33. You know and fear Mrs. Bradbury

I saw her recently.... damn woman looks the same as she did 20 years ago, still sent a shive down my spine.

41. You were buying cigarettes at the mobile in Cliftondale at age 9.

Richdale on Essex Street.

55. You've heard of "Chester the Molester" laughing.gif

89. You have driven up to Penny Hill Lane near Town Line, to go all the way to that scary mans house. Although, half way up the hill, you got way too scared by the "hidden messages" in the street signs to drive any further. Then, tried to do it again 2 hours later, after driving the Saugus 500, and got as far as the house, but then freaked out, because the man was "totally coming out of the house with a shotgun!!!!!"

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.