Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bob Barr
The Noise Boston > The Noise Board > Open Forum
Pages: 1, 2
benhamean
Former Republican to seek Libertarian presidential nomination
I've read some interest in Barr from some GOP types on here- if he runs, will he syphon off some McCain votes?
Johnny Angel
QUOTE(benhamean @ May 8 2008, 02:44 PM) *

Former Republican to seek Libertarian presidential nomination
I've read some interest in Barr from some GOP types on here- if he runs, will he syphon off some McCain votes?

I'm not a GOP type and I like Bob.

Believes in the Constitution.

Hates the war, the Patriot Act and the Dept. of Education.

What's not to like?
mhaverty
Bob Barr would be a huge problem for McCain if he can get any traction. He doesn't have a ton of money to seed his campaign though as far as I know.
benhamean
QUOTE(mhaverty @ May 8 2008, 02:50 PM) *

Bob Barr would be a huge problem for McCain if he can get any traction. He doesn't have a ton of money to seed his campaign though as far as I know.

Really? I don't usually pay close attention, but I remember him from the impeachment stuff, and then he seemed to fall off the radar...

Barr is higher profile than I think?
Lu the Wanderer
QUOTE(mhaverty @ May 8 2008, 02:50 PM) *

McCain is vulnerable. He's not a conservative.
Maximum Tor
QUOTE(benhamean @ May 8 2008, 03:58 PM) *

Really? I don't usually pay close attention, but I remember him from the impeachment stuff, and then he seemed to fall off the radar...

I think he's currently in the lead for the libertarian party nomination but I don't see him having the "star power" to really collect many more votes than the LP usually picks up each election.
Johnny Angel
QUOTE(Maximum Tor @ May 8 2008, 03:00 PM) *

I think he's currently in the lead for the libertarian party nomination but I don't see him having the "star power" to really collect many more votes than the LP usually picks up each election.

This augurs well for Bob:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/107128/Bush-App...epublicans.aspx

terrydactyl
QUOTE(Johnny Angel @ May 8 2008, 03:47 PM) *

I'm not a GOP type and I like Bob.

Believes in the Constitution.

Hates the war, the Patriot Act and the Dept. of Education.

What's not to like?

his barbara olsen disdain and histrionics against clinton?
his ken starr nazi obssession with fake morals?
his phony assholian approach to partisanship?
his 'dump his old wife for a cheap whore' divorce and cheating ways on his wife?
i dont know johnny, you tell me
mhaverty
QUOTE(benhamean @ May 8 2008, 03:58 PM) *

He is well respected in the cirles where McCain is hated.
Johnny Angel
QUOTE(terrydactyl @ May 8 2008, 05:49 PM) *

his barbara olsen disdain and histrionics against clinton?
his ken starr nazi obssession with fake morals?
his phony assholian approach to partisanship?
his 'dump his old wife for a cheap whore' divorce and cheating ways on his wife?
i dont know johnny, you tell me

From ten years ago. Most people change.

His positions on civil rights are far preferable to Hillary's. Your starry-eyed nostalgia for the last decade has become vaudeville.
terrydactyl
QUOTE(mhaverty @ May 8 2008, 07:25 PM) *

He is well respected in the cirles where McCain is hated.

ahh thats comforting
a bigoted immoral corrupt partisan hack is appreciated by the right
how different laughing.gif
terrydactyl
QUOTE(Johnny Angel @ May 8 2008, 07:27 PM) *

From ten years ago. Most people change.

His positions on civil rights are far preferable to Hillary's. Your starry-eyed nostalgia for the last decade has become vaudeville.

and your naivete is still the same
Johnny Angel
QUOTE(terrydactyl @ May 8 2008, 06:29 PM) *

and your naivete is still the same

You have your nose so far up the Clinton's ass, your face would freeze if they stepped away and I'm naive?

Bill Clinton may have been a decent administrator but a friend of civil rights, hardly. A man that signed a Secret Evidence law is no lover of freedoms.

But keep on worshipping away. Calling me "naive" is like calling you "tall".
terrydactyl
QUOTE(Johnny Angel @ May 8 2008, 07:40 PM) *

You have your nose so far up the Clinton's ass, your face would freeze if they stepped away and I'm naive?

Bill Clinton may have been a decent administrator but a friend of civil rights, hardly. A man that signed a Secret Evidence law is no lover of freedoms.

But keep on worshipping away. Calling me "naive" is like calling you "tall".

good one, reagan democrat thrill boy
Johnny Angel
QUOTE(terrydactyl @ May 8 2008, 06:42 PM) *

good one, reagan democrat thrill boy

Not a Democrat and never voted for Reagan.

Stick to things you know about like "Nervous Eaters Appreciation threads", OK?
Vieira
QUOTE(Johnny Angel @ May 8 2008, 06:53 PM) *

Not a Democrat and never voted for Reagan.

Stick to things you know about like "Nervous Eaters Appreciation threads", OK?

He shoots........ he SCORES!
terrydactyl
QUOTE(Vieira @ May 8 2008, 08:31 PM) *

He shoots........ he SCORES!

with another log cabin repub
big deal
Flipper

Terrydactyl has his finger on the pulse of the American electorate like people in the 1950's had their fingers on the pulse of Liberace's heterosexuality.

Idiot.

terrydactyl
QUOTE(Flipper @ May 8 2008, 10:05 PM) *

Terrydactyl has his finger on the pulse of the American electorate like people in the 1950's had their fingers on the pulse of Liberace's heterosexuality.

Idiot.

said yet another reason for the last 8 years personified
Atom Brain
QUOTE(terrydactyl @ May 8 2008, 10:09 PM) *

said yet another reason for the last 8 years personified

Do you actually just assume everyone who doesn't agree with you is automatically a republican or a Bush supporter?
Johnny Angel
QUOTE(terrydactyl @ May 8 2008, 08:57 PM) *

with another log cabin repub
big deal

Five drinks later and still incoherent.

Terry, you should just hire a bevy of monkeys to run across your keyboard, it could only help.
Flipper
QUOTE(Atom Brain @ May 8 2008, 10:19 PM) *

Do you actually just assume everyone who doesn't agree with you is automatically a republican or a Bush supporter?

He sure does.

mhaverty
QUOTE(Flipper @ May 8 2008, 10:05 PM) *

Idiot.

Wait? Liberace was gay?
Flipper
QUOTE(mhaverty @ May 8 2008, 10:43 PM) *

Wait? Liberace was gay?

No.

Everyone who disagrees politically with terrydummy is a republican.

And Liberace was "just wating for the right woman to come along".

Lu the Wanderer
QUOTE(Johnny Angel @ May 8 2008, 06:40 PM) *

i wish i said that
terrydactyl
QUOTE(Lu the Wanderer @ May 9 2008, 01:08 AM) *

i wish i said that

so do i
IPB Image
every time i wonder how bush got elected , i visit the nb
Johnny Angel
QUOTE(terrydactyl @ May 9 2008, 06:06 PM) *

so do i
IPB Image
every time i wonder how bush got elected , i visit the nb

Because we're mentally-challenged like Corky is, Terry?

Dude, the only way your posts could be less coherent is if they were in Morse Code.
EricDoberman
QUOTE(Johnny Angel @ May 9 2008, 08:26 PM) *

Because we're mentally-challenged like Corky is, Terry?

Dude, the only way your posts could be less coherent is if they were in Morse Code.

.- - / .-.. . .- ... - / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / -.-. .- -. / -... . / . .- ... .. .-.. -.-- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . -.. / --- -. .-.. .. -. . .-.-.-
Johnny Angel
QUOTE(EricDoberman @ May 9 2008, 07:54 PM) *

.- - / .-.. . .- ... - / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / -.-. .- -. / -... . / . .- ... .. .-.. -.-- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . -.. / --- -. .-.. .. -. . .-.-.-

"The Nervous Eaters were better than the Beatles, the Stones and passive oral sex combined"?
Vieira
QUOTE(Atom Brain @ May 8 2008, 09:19 PM) *

He couldn't possibly wrap his head around anything else. Either that, or it's all that he says when you pull the string on his back. We're talking about a guy who's accused liberals of being "Bushies" when they've pointed out that he's a baboon.

QUOTE(Johnny Angel @ May 8 2008, 09:36 PM) *

Terry, you should just hire a bevy of monkeys to run across your keyboard, it could only help.

And they gave Kobe the MVP!?!?

QUOTE(Johnny Angel @ May 9 2008, 07:26 PM) *

There are people who can actually decipher Morse Code.

QUOTE(Johnny Angel @ May 9 2008, 07:56 PM) *

"The Nervous Eaters were better than the Beatles, the Stones and passive oral sex combined"?

Triple Double!!
terrydactyl
..-. ..- -.-. -.- you
terrydactyl
but seriously, even in a supposedly progressive creative artful and hopefully somewhat collegiate environment like here, i see and hear nothing but sophmoric go allong to get along status quo easily distracted bourgeious commoner opinions

bring out yer dead, indeed
Mike C
QUOTE(terrydactyl @ May 10 2008, 05:48 AM) *

but seriously, even in a supposedly progressive creative artful and hopefully somewhat collegiate environment like here, i see and hear nothing but sophmoric go allong to get along status quo easily distracted bourgeious commoner opinions

Funny I equate your support for Clinton and all their crime gang as being "nothing but sophmoric go allong to get along status quo easily distracted bourgeious commoner opinions".

Bush supporters are no different than the ones that support Clinton.

Atom Brain
QUOTE(terrydactyl @ May 10 2008, 06:48 AM) *

No, what's funny is that you equate people thinking for themselves and not getting in line with your black and white assessment and support the Clintons at all costs attitude with conformity. You spent hours on this board defending your girl Hilary who stands for as much business as usual politics as the people you slam-- not to mention the fact that she basically has fallen in step voting-wise with the people you call Satan. You are just as bad as the most die-hard Bushie out there. I have no problem if you want to support the Clintons-- I voted for Bill twice myself-- but the fact that you follow just as blindly as the people you are ridiculously outspoken about makes me roll my eyes. A lot.
Johnny Angel

Andrew Loog Oldham's liner notes made more sense than this statement.

Terry, you gotta come out here and go to Vegas with me, as a card-counter a la Rain Man--I have two kid's college money I need to get.
terrydactyl
i am actually hurting for nothing in terms of creature comfort
i cant even believe that if i want it i can have it
and yet, spiritually ive never been more sad
and not for myself mind you
and i like all of you guys here
every one of ya's
take jonny anghole for example
he was huge in the happy part of my life
and yet...

im listening to the cynics and the nomads right now
drunk as shit
Flipper
QUOTE(terrydactyl @ May 10 2008, 09:36 PM) *

A better candidate for conversion to Islam there has never been!

drunk as shit

Oh, wait.

Johnny Angel
QUOTE(terrydactyl @ May 10 2008, 08:36 PM) *

every one of ya's
and yet...

drunk as shit

Me and Terry in happier days:

IPB Image
terrydactyl
QUOTE(Johnny Angel @ May 10 2008, 10:13 PM) *

Me and Terry in happier days:

IPB Image

is that you and baby?
terrydactyl
QUOTE(Flipper @ May 10 2008, 09:45 PM) *

A better candidate for conversion to Islam there has never been!

Oh, wait.

do you ever go to the rumbline (sic) on monday nights?
Vieira
QUOTE(terrydactyl @ May 10 2008, 08:36 PM) *

every one of ya's
and yet...

drunk as shit

I'm not really a psychology guy, but, is projection the right term for this? Feeling incredibly sorry for one's self, claiming to feel bad for everyone else, who are obviously not as intelligent as you?
Johnny Angel
QUOTE(Vieira @ May 10 2008, 10:36 PM) *

I'm not really a psychology guy, but, is projection the right term for this? Feeling incredibly sorry for one's self, claiming to feel bad for everyone else, who are obviously not as intelligent as you?

Yes, he feels terribly sad for me as I sit here not drunk and not listening to obscure garage bands and not weeping bitter tears over the state of the world.

Yeah, it really does suck to be me, not doing all of those incredibly joyous things as opposed to putting my kids to bed and not being hungover tomorrow.

Man, if I could just change places with Terry, I think I'd be in absolute hog-heaven!

terrydactyl
QUOTE(Johnny Angel @ May 11 2008, 12:23 AM) *

Yes, he feels terribly sad for me as I sit here not drunk and not listening to obscure garage bands and not weeping bitter tears over the state of the world.

Yeah, it really does suck to be me, not doing all of those incredibly joyous things as opposed to putting my kids to bed and not being hungover tomorrow.

Man, if I could just change places with Terry, I think I'd be in absolute hog-heaven!

umm, you guys just misinterpreted again
i said EYE was sad
i said i like ALL you jamokes
i ADMitted to being drunk, wasnt bein proud of it
but whats wrong with obscure garage?
THATS the questiion
terrydactyl
QUOTE(Mike C @ May 10 2008, 02:44 PM) *

Bush supporters are no different than the ones that support Clinton.

yeah
i see the 90s economy and world affairs are about the same as they are now

as flipper would say:

Idiot.
terrydactyl
QUOTE(Vieira @ May 10 2008, 11:36 PM) *

maybe

but im more bewildered by the threshold of pain and or embarassment alot of americans have
its hard to believe that 50's or 60' decade people wouldnt be all throwing up over what todays people find umm ok or normal in terms of leadership and results

did you know that little bush and even reagan/north committed treason and its ok today?
elk
Looks like this thread is going well.
terrydactyl
QUOTE(elk @ May 12 2008, 09:03 AM) *

Looks like this thread is going well.

i apologize

but its better than talking about the phony or misguided supposed attributes of bob fuckin barr laughing.gif

oh lord...
is terrydactyl booking again?
QUOTE(Johnny Angel @ May 10 2008, 11:23 PM) *

An important impresario must be allowed his esoteric music and cheap whiskey, Johnny Angel. It's in the best interest of all of us to see terrydactyl booking again!
terrydactyl
QUOTE(is terrydactyl booking again? @ May 12 2008, 09:24 AM) *

An important impresario must be allowed his esoteric music and cheap whiskey, Johnny Angel. It's in the best interest of all of us to see terrydactyl booking again!

not gonna happen again, townie
no bars up here booking original acts anymore
Danny Vermin

but seriously, even in a supposedly progressive creative artful and hopefully somewhat collegiate environment like here,

Actually, I pretty much avoid dealing with musicians and that whole "scene" in general for the most past these days because I realized that on the whole, musicians are typically dumb as a bag of hammers, and have really naive views on everything, especially difficult to process subjects like politics and social change.

Really terry, you are the penultimate example of "so naive and clueless it makes my head hurt" with your opinions on the economy, unemployment, the Clintons, The 1990's, and really godawful local crap rock.

You're the kind of idiot who makes proud Democrats cringe in fear of being associated with by their peers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.