Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Iron Man
The Noise Boston > The Noise Board > Open Forum
Pages: 1, 2
Christóbal
I haven't been to the movies in more than a year and the last movie I saw at a theater was with a group of people who wanted to go - I didn't choose the film. So it's significant when I say that I'm actually psyched to see this movie in a theater. I actually want to pay the ridiculous money, buy the shitty popcorn, put up with the morons who talk on their cells for 10 minutes, etc.

I can still remember reading Iron Man comics at my cousin's house when I was 9 (he collected them). Star Wars had been out for a year and I was really into Sci Fi stuff. I remember hardly being able to wait for him to finish reading the new ones so I could borrow 'em.

So few idyllic memories from my youth remain unsullied. I hope this movie doesn't wipe away another happy memory.

IPB Image
RiffRaff
QUOTE(Christóbal @ Apr 30 2008, 06:16 PM) *

I hope this movie doesn't wipe away another happy memory.

IPB Image
argo
I used to collect Iron Man comics. Needless to say I'm psyched for this movie. Especially since it has a 94% on Rottentomatoes. Awwwwwww yeah, I'm there opening night.
RJC
The AMC Framingham Premium 1 theater is showing Iron Man starting Friday. This is the way to go see a movie. My girlfriend and I are going to watch it there for the matineee.

Tickets are $13.00 apiece but it includes unlimited popcorn/soda (which you'd spend a fortune on anyhow), a full-service bar and restaurant, and it's 21+, meaning no rowdy teens or screaming kids. The theater is nice, with high-back leather seats and tables in front of you to put your beer and food on.

WELL worth making the reservations for it (recommended as the theater only seats 40).
Christóbal
QUOTE(RJC @ Apr 30 2008, 08:44 PM) *

The AMC Framingham Premium 1 theater is showing Iron Man starting Friday. This is the way to go see a movie. My girlfriend and I are going to watch it there for the matineee.

Tickets are $13.00 apiece but it includes unlimited popcorn/soda (which you'd spend a fortune on anyhow), a full-service bar and restaurant, and it's 21+, meaning no rowdy teens or screaming kids. The theater is nice, with high-back leather seats and tables in front of you to put your beer and food on.

WELL worth making the reservations for it (recommended as the theater only seats 40).

Sounds like a sweet deal, RJC, but I live an hour from Framingham. I'll probably wind up seeing the film in Chelmsford after work one night next week.

QUOTE(RiffRaff @ Apr 30 2008, 07:05 PM) *

IPB Image

Are those your daughters?

RJC
QUOTE(Christóbal @ Apr 30 2008, 09:25 PM) *

Sounds like a sweet deal, RJC, but I live an hour from Framingham. I'll probably wind up seeing the film in Chelmsford after work one night next week.

I don't live anywhere near Framingham either, but it may be worth the trip! hehe. And to be honest, their food isn't half-bad either.
anotherformerguest
QUOTE(Christóbal @ Apr 30 2008, 06:16 PM) *

I haven't been to the movies in more than a year and the last movie I saw at a theater was with a group of people who wanted to go - I didn't choose the film. So it's significant when I say that I'm actually psyched to see this movie in a theater. I actually want to pay the ridiculous money, buy the shitty popcorn, put up with the morons who talk on their cells for 10 minutes, etc.

I can still remember reading Iron Man comics at my cousin's house when I was 9 (he collected them). Star Wars had been out for a year and I was really into Sci Fi stuff. I remember hardly being able to wait for him to finish reading the new ones so I could borrow 'em.

So few idyllic memories from my youth remain unsullied. I hope this movie doesn't wipe away another happy memory.

IPB Image

Were you able to pick up any useful information for future "girlfriends" from that guy in Austria with the basement dungeon?
RiffRaff
QUOTE(Christóbal @ Apr 30 2008, 09:25 PM) *

Are those your daughters?

They used to be my sons.
DJKyttyn
we just bought tickets to a special sneak preview tonight at 10....

biggrin.gif

so excited!
elk
It's getting across the board great reviews. That makes me nervous, but I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt. I'm pretty psyched.
Danny Vermin
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/iron_man/?critic=creamcrop

91% on the tomato-meter, with 74 reviews in. That's fucking amazing.

It's like Schindler's List, but with Robert Downey Jr. in an Iron Suit.
PEZ
That movie was fucking awesome. 'Nuff said.
billymoody
QUOTE(Danny Vermin @ May 1 2008, 01:06 PM) *

laughing.gif laughing.gif laughing.gif laughing.gif laughing.gif laughing.gif laughing.gif
billymoody

laughing.gif laughing.gif laughing.gif laughing.gif laughing.gif laughing.gif laughing.gif
PEZ
This is a very minor spoiler, but **SPOILER ALERT** nonetheless...

I totally nerded out when there was a nice, subtle setup for War Machine to be in the sequel.
DJKyttyn
not really a spoiler... but be sure you stay thru the credits! that's all I'm going to say.

that and it was awesome.
billymoody

billymoody
sorry about all those mult posts, my browser is acting up...
Hook Operator
BEST SUPERHERO MOVIE EVAR. It's really excellent. Good acting, amazing effects, good story - nearly flawless.

Definitely stay after the credits; you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Arz
I dunno about being pleasantly surprised by that extra bit, but the movie itself was fantastic.
FrankD
Think ULTIMATE IRONMAN but with excellent use of IRONMAN mythos thruought!!!!

We saw it Saturday night at the Mendon drive in.....

it was the fucking ballz.

I missed in the credits that Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, Don Heck and Larry Lieber get mentioned.

The ending bit was MIGHTY, and very apropo of the ULTIMATE angle.
mike oliver
Largest grossing weekend ever for non-sequal , like 107 million and another 96 mil overseas...........
argo
Gawd damn, it kicked my ass. And I'm one of those nerds that collected Iron Man comics when I was a kid. I still got 'em. There really wasn't much that could've been done to improve it. It was pretty close to perfect.
Rev. Brixx
I'm gonna hold my wadd til the DARK KNIGHT comes out,braseph!
His Daddy
Fucking. Awesome. Movie.

'nuff said.
RJC
Amazing movie.

Not only was there a special cameo post-credits in this movie, but Robert Downey Jr. will be doing a cameo as Tony Stark in the new Incredible Hulk movie...
Danny Vermin
Seriously though. This is hands down, the best, most entertaining Superhero movie I've ever seen. apparently it's 2 hours long, but it feels like it's only about 1/2 hour.

And yeah - Sam Jackson as Nick Fury. The Avengers initiative. 1000% pure awesome.

The only question that leaves - who is going to be Captain America in that movie?
His Daddy
QUOTE(Danny Vermin @ May 5 2008, 09:38 AM) *

Seriously though. This is hands down, the best, most entertaining Superhero movie I've ever seen. apparently it's 2 hours long, but it feels like it's only about 1/2 hour.

And yeah - Sam Jackson as Nick Fury. The Avengers initiative. 1000% pure awesome.
The only question that leaves - who is going to be Captain America in that movie?

Hopefully an unknown... but um, dude -- at least give out the spoiler alert before giving out the movie info!
RJC
QUOTE(His Daddy @ May 5 2008, 01:38 PM) *

Hopefully an unknown... but um, dude -- at least give out the spoiler alert before giving out the movie info!

Thor movie coming out in 2009, Kevin McKidd (star of Journeyman) rumored to be Thor.
Captain America movie still not cast yet (coming 2009). Iron Man 2 is slated for summer 2010, with an Avengers movie to star the leads from all those movies (as well as Ed Norton from the Hulk) in 2011.
Danny Vermin
QUOTE(RJC @ May 5 2008, 02:15 PM) *

Thor movie coming out in 2009, Kevin McKidd (star of Journeyman) rumored to be Thor.
Captain America movie still not cast yet (coming 2009). Iron Man 2 is slated for summer 2010, with an Avengers movie to star the leads from all those movies (as well as Ed Norton from the Hulk) in 2011.

There is also an Ant-Man movie slated which would round out the Avengers.

Rumors of possibly Matt Damon or Josh Lucas to be cast as Captain America/Steve Rogers.
Arz
After googling the latter, I could see him working as Captain America. Matt Damon wouldn't work, though.
His Daddy
QUOTE(Danny Vermin @ May 5 2008, 03:32 PM) *

There is also an Ant-Man movie slated which would round out the Avengers.

Rumors of possibly Matt Damon or Josh Lucas to be cast as Captain America/Steve Rogers.

Please not Matt Damon. Josh Lucas could be pretty badass, though. He can cheat 6', and could easily pull of the character of Steve Rogers.

The big question: is Bucky going to be a character in the Cappy movie?
Vieira
QUOTE(RJC @ May 5 2008, 08:18 AM) *

Amazing movie.

Not only was there a special cameo post-credits in this movie, but Robert Downey Jr. will be doing a cameo as Tony Stark in the new Incredible Hulk movie...

Apparently, the "guest cameo star" in this, is making a similar cameo in the Hulk.
Danny Vermin
QUOTE(Vieira @ May 5 2008, 02:44 PM) *

Apparently, the "guest cameo star" in this, is making a similar cameo in the Hulk.

Tony Stark(Robert Downey Jr.) makes a cameo in Hulk.

Not The aforementioned Badass Motherfucker.
Vieira
QUOTE(Danny Vermin @ May 5 2008, 02:49 PM) *

Tony Stark(Robert Downey Jr.) makes a cameo in Hulk.

Not The aforementioned Badass Motherfucker.

It's floating around that Badass Motherfucker is in it, too.
Danny Vermin
QUOTE(Vieira @ May 5 2008, 02:52 PM) *

It's floating around that Badass Motherfucker is in it, too.

Cool.

Vieira
Damon would make a better Bucky.
elk

Okay, I'm excited to see Iron Man and The Dark Knight, but that's just overkill. Through into the mix the Wolverine movie and another X-Men movie after that and it's really getting to be a bit much.
Vieira
QUOTE(elk @ May 5 2008, 03:23 PM) *

Okay, I'm excited to see Iron Man and The Dark Knight, but that's just overkill. Through into the mix the Wolverine movie and another X-Men movie after that and it's really getting to be a bit much.

I thought the X Men franchise was done?
Arz
QUOTE(Vieira @ May 5 2008, 04:25 PM) *

Wolverine has his own movie (Origins, I think it's called). Otherwise, X-Men is dead.
Danny Vermin
QUOTE(Vieira @ May 5 2008, 03:25 PM) *

It is.
His Daddy
QUOTE(Danny Vermin @ May 5 2008, 04:31 PM) *

It is.

It was done the moment they cast Hallie Berry in the first movie... for ANY role.
Vieira
QUOTE(Arz @ May 5 2008, 03:27 PM) *

Wolverine has his own movie (Origins, I think it's called). Otherwise, X-Men is dead.

Right. That's the impression that I was under, as well.
Danny Vermin

Part of this is wrong.

Marvel's officially announced release schedule has Captain America being released in May of 2011, and then the Avengers in July of 2011.

so the story goes, it's a two-part cliffhanger, with Captain America being a period piece set in WWII, but ending with Cap frozen in the Arctic in suspended animation, and then being unfrozen in present day to lead the Avengers in that movie.
Vieira
QUOTE(Danny Vermin @ May 5 2008, 03:35 PM) *

Part of this is wrong.

Marvel's officially announced release schedule has Captain America being released in May of 2011, and then the Avengers in July of 2011.

so the story goes, it's a two-part cliffhanger, with Captain America being a period piece set in WWII, but ending with Cap frozen in the Arctic in suspended animation, and then being unfrozen in present day to lead the Avengers in that movie.

That would make sense.

Anyone know if the Avengers' movie is going to follow the Ultimates line where they're fighting aliens?
Danny Vermin
QUOTE(Vieira @ May 5 2008, 03:45 PM) *

That would make sense.

Anyone know if the Avengers' movie is going to follow the Ultimates line where they're fighting aliens?

I doubt it. Probably a mish-mosh of Ultimates and traditional storylines. I would expect to see more conventional bad guys.
PEZ
QUOTE(Danny Vermin @ May 5 2008, 03:35 PM) *
so the story goes, it's a two-part cliffhanger, with Captain America being a period piece set in WWII, but ending with Cap frozen in the Arctic in suspended animation

This is awesome. Hell, they should end the Avengers movie with him getting shot.
Christóbal
QUOTE(His Daddy @ May 5 2008, 04:33 PM) *

It was done the moment they cast Hallie Berry in the first movie... for ANY role.

You sure you've got a dick?
Vieira
QUOTE(Danny Vermin @ May 5 2008, 03:49 PM) *

I doubt it. Probably a mish-mosh of Ultimates and traditional storylines. I would expect to see more conventional bad guys.

That's what I'd guess, and hope for, as well. I like the more "ultimate" twist on the heroes so far, but I'm kind of all set with the alien invasion story line.
His Daddy
QUOTE(Christóbal @ May 5 2008, 05:42 PM) *

You sure you've got a dick?

Dude, Hallie Berry isn't in the 100 hottest women in Hollywood. There are thousands of women in that town ten times hotter than her that can actually act.

You sure you didn't see Catwoman?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.