Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This is ridiculous
The Noise Boston > The Noise Board > Open Forum
mhaverty
September 24th, 2007
Red Sox playoff history / Celtics Payroll / Schillings not on PTA
Posted by Michael Connelly at 12:14 pm

AFTERNOON HAT TRICK

8. Old School: Estimated salaries of the 1972 Celtics (basketball reference.com)

Havilcek - $250,000
Cowens - $151,000
Jo Jo White - $125,000
Don Nelson - $75,000
Steve Kuberski - $70,000
Paul Westphal - $60,000
Hank Finkel - $52,500
Don Chaney - $50,000

9. “Just a little bit outside” From reader Bill C- If Sox host first round playoff game, it will be the first time they have hosted the first game of a playoff series since 1990; and if they happen to win the first home playoff game, it will be the first time they have done that since 1975:

1975- Won first two HOME games versus Oakland, won third and series at Oakland in Game 3.
1986- Lost first game to California, won second game at Fenway, rest of season is etched in memory.
1988- Lost first two at Fenway to Oakland. (Swept 4-0).
1990- Lost first two at Fenway to Oakland. (Swept 4-0).
1995. Lost first two at Cleveland. (Swept 3-0 in LDS).
1998- Won first game AT CLEVELAND, then lost three straight including two on Yawkey Way.
1999- Lost first two at Cleveland, then won two at Fenway before Pedro’s great Monday night relief performance. First two games of next series began in NY.
2003- Lost first two at Oakland, before winning three straight. Opened LCS in New York once again.
2004- Won first two games in Anaheim, before winning series at Fenway. Opened LCS in the Bronx by losing first two games, turned out alright in the end.
2005- Opened and Closed in Chicago, once Clement took the mound, series was over!

10. Randomocity:

* My “insiders” in Medfield tell my that the Schilling kids are tough to deal with in school
* My predictions of North Carolina State over Clemson and Palladio in the Mass Cap went awry (I’m consistent)
* How do you know that we’re not in the 50’s anymore: You can’t watch a sporting event without being prompted to turn to your pharmacist to get help getting “excited.” Those side affects are a little scary.
* If the Red Sox get knocked out of the first round of the playoffs and Manny doesn’t play - he will NOT be allowed to come back.
* I’m gonna say the average College Football game has 5 helmets knocked off in the course of the game
* US Davis Cup Finals will be in America 11/30 against Russia (that’s tennis)
* Did Al Michaels really say God D*** / I know Brady used the acronyms for a matriarchal curse word
* Giants, Jets, Mets and Yankees all won on Sunday
* The bridge at Gillette Stadium is cool
* If I was the Eagles, I’d wear the throwback uniforms again next week after scoring 52 points
Danny Vermin
I bet it's an understatement.
mhaverty
QUOTE(Danny Vermin @ Sep 24 2007, 06:47 PM) *

I bet it's an understatement.

I agree. I envision them acting like cops kids. Still, this is out of bounds. Yes... I undertand it is the Herald. I just think they crossed a line.
guest_bob
he's such a jerkoff i can't imagine his kids being much different.

Danny Vermin
QUOTE(mhaverty @ Sep 24 2007, 06:52 PM) *

I agree. I envision them acting like cops kids. Still, this is out of bounds. Yes... I undertand it is the Herald. I just think they crossed a line.

It's the Herald. It's like the NY Post, only dumber.
JodyThePig
IPB Image
mhaverty
QUOTE(guest_bob @ Sep 24 2007, 06:52 PM) *

he's such a jerkoff i can't imagine his kids being much different.

Yeah if he supported Kerry I could imagine him being seen as a gutsy guy who speaks his mind. You know.... "speaks truth to power."
Danny Vermin
QUOTE(mhaverty @ Sep 24 2007, 06:56 PM) *

Yeah if he supported Kerry I could imagine him being seen as a gutsy guy who speaks his mind. You know.... "speaks truth to power."

Does a day go by that you aren't completely consumed with some kind of Political Jockeying for the good of the party nonsense?

Is this all you life is about?
guest_bob
QUOTE(mhaverty @ Sep 24 2007, 06:56 PM) *

?

i just think he comes across as a jerk. mainly when he was in philly since i don't hear him / see him / pay attention anymore. just waxing extemporaneously.

however, as a matter iof intuition, i would imagine young kids of pro athletes to have an unbridled sense of entitlement that makes them difficult in a school setting.

allie
Not cool. You don't attack kids, I don't care whose they are.
DanPM
I'm sure his kids will be ripping Michael Connelly in their blogs.
Charlemagne
QUOTE(Danny Vermin @ Sep 24 2007, 06:54 PM) *

It's the Herald. It's like the NY Post, only dumber.

The NY Post has some great headlines though. It's a fun read for a tabloid rag.
DanPM
QUOTE(Charlemagne @ Sep 24 2007, 07:18 PM) *

The NY Post has some great headlines though. It's a fun read for a tabloid rag.

IPB Image
guest_bob
QUOTE(allie @ Sep 24 2007, 07:08 PM) *

Not cool. You don't attack kids, I don't care whose they are.

what about kids of an invading alien overlord who is harvesting humans to feed ..ummm... aliens.

HITMAN7204
QUOTE(DanPM @ Sep 24 2007, 06:18 PM) *

I'm sure his kids will be ripping Michael Connelly in their blogs.

laughing.gif laughing.gif laughing.gif
charolastra
I work with 2 people that live in medfield and have kids in school with the little schilling darlings...they've said that they're little monsters, that Shonda has asserted herself as chairwoman of like every committee, and they don't let them have playdates with kids outside their very wealthy n'hood.
mhaverty
QUOTE(Danny Vermin @ Sep 24 2007, 06:59 PM) *

Does a day go by that you aren't completely consumed with some kind of Political Jockeying for the good of the party nonsense?

Is this all you life is about?

Yeah.
HostileApostle
Kids are off limits, but no doubt his kids are little douchebags. Listen to him and his wife.
Defbil
Off limits. Having said that, if a newspaper dude wrote that I was a shithead when I was a kid my pops would have sent the reporter a free dinner or something.

Didn't someone at the Herald also recently write that Belichek let down his (deceased) father? They're really kikcing ass over there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.