Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seatle's "Best" coffee
The Noise Boston > The Noise Board > Open Forum
openbar
The general public deserves to know - who declared them "best"? That place is pretty bad! And now I figure they owe me $2 for that last putrid coffee they served me.
Dook of Oil
QUOTE(openbar @ Sep 24 2007, 02:19 PM) *

The general public deserves to know - who declared them "best"? That place is pretty bad! And now I figure they owe me $2 for that last putrid coffee they served me.

I bought a pound of it at the grocery story last week - not bad if you brew it yourself. For a store? Might as well go to Starbucks...overpriced crap.
MikeG
Starbuck's bought Seattle's Best quite some time ago.
openbar
QUOTE(MikeG @ Sep 24 2007, 02:23 PM) *

So I somehow walked through some time portal and got coffee from 2 years ago. That would certainly explain how bad it was.
MikeG
They didn't absorb and destroy Seattle's Best, they just bought them. Although the new ownership certainly doesn explain the taste of the coffee you got from them.
MikeG
QUOTE(MikeG @ Sep 24 2007, 02:29 PM) *

They didn't absorb and destroy Seattle's Best, they just bought them. Although the new ownership certainly doesn explain the taste of the coffee you got from them.

Sorry, "doesn" = "does".
JuJuagogo
QUOTE(MikeG @ Sep 24 2007, 02:23 PM) *

I'm boycotting Starbucks - I can't say I think their coffee is all that fabulous - I love the chai, but their coffee to me is a little harsh (This coming from someone who drinks espresso coffee from a coffee press!)

I left work early one day to go do some work sitting outside of the office - and figured well, Panera has free WiFI and now Mcdonalds - and Starbucks advertises hot spots - When I checked out hot spot locations it never said anything that they CHARGE YOU FOR Internet service.

$29.99 a month if you don't have T-Mobile (I work for a company that does Wireless NO friggan way would I piss good money away on T-Mobile Service - that and well my company pays for my cell phone - thankfully smart enough to chose a more reliable and accurate carrier)

Oh wait - the cheaper plan was $6.99 for 24 hours - and I became desperate and they wouldn't allow you to do the purchase only the Month Option.

Fuck that......... smile.gif 10-4
dimenno
FYI: Most public libraries now offer wi-fi, and it's always free.
TYR
QUOTE(openbar @ Sep 24 2007, 02:19 PM) *

Agreed. I don't know of any around except for the one on Beacon St in Brookline though. I can't believe they've stayed in business this long.
Room Starts Spinning
I had a hideous cup o' Joe at Peet's last night,YUK!
(although the worst one ever was at our very own
Diesel Cafe in Davis Square).
openbar
QUOTE(Room Starts Spinning @ Sep 24 2007, 04:16 PM) *

I had a hideous cup o' Joe at Peet's last night,YUK!
(although the worst one ever was at our very own
Diesel Cafe in Davis Square).

Hmm, Peet's is usually pretty good.

I miss the days of the independent coffee joint, like Coffee Connection.
Muso
Seattle's Best is what I call "instant headache" coffee. A very small step above Green Mountain.

Thank god for my beloved 1369. DoN't bitch about Starbuck's, just move to Somervile.
JuJuagogo
QUOTE(dimenno @ Sep 24 2007, 03:41 PM) *

FYI: Most public libraries now offer wi-fi, and it's always free.

NOW YOU TELL ME!

Well wait - that doesn't matter because I can't drink coffee in a really soft velvet couch in the Library - I can at home or in Panera though!

I have wifi at home I just sometimes don't like to be there ya know wink.gif
Indyrockgrl69
I miss Bruegger's coffee. That was worth standing in line for but they left Beverly years ago. sad.gif
From what I understand they're now serving Green Mountain Coffee though.
Danny Vermin
QUOTE(Indyrockgrl69 @ Sep 24 2007, 04:57 PM) *

I miss Bruegger's coffee. That was worth standing in line for

You have terrible taste.

As bad as Seattle's Best and Peet's is - Breugger's is like a urine and feces latte. Horrible.

Au bon Pain is terrible as well.

Panera's is ok, if a bit weak.

Starbucks is worth the price, considering the alternatives.
openbar
Green Mountain - coming soon to a truckstop near you...
Mister Shhh
Mikeys D's
JuJuagogo
QUOTE(openbar @ Sep 24 2007, 05:03 PM) *

Actually I think Green Mountain has pretty good coffee...... I sometimes Skip Dunkins, Starbucks and go to Mobil - They used to have French Toast Coffee - sounds bogus but it was actually really good.
Danny Vermin
QUOTE(openbar @ Sep 24 2007, 05:03 PM) *

Oddly enough, Green Mountain "French Toast" flavor is pretty good when you're hungover and it's the only coffee on the way to the ski mountain.

Danny Vermin
QUOTE(JuJuagogo @ Sep 24 2007, 05:07 PM) *

Actually I think Green Mountain has pretty good coffee...... I sometimes Skip Dunkins, Starbucks and go to Mobil - They used to have French Toast Coffee - sounds bogus but it was actually really good.

Ok, that was freaky.
Room Starts Spinning
QUOTE(openbar @ Sep 24 2007, 04:40 PM) *

Hmm, Peet's is usually pretty good.

I miss the days of the independent coffee joint, like Coffee Connection.

Coffee Connection wub.gif
NOW you're talkin'.

I miss Liberty in Central Square,too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.