Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weed Smokers
The Noise Boston > The Noise Board > Open Forum
RiffRaff
I mean, who knows what this bag I just got has been through? I have no idea who grew it. I have no idea if someone took a piss, shit or threw up on the very plant this delicious bag came from.

Who knows what pesticides, toxins or other shit may have passed through my weed?

I just reach in, pinch off a bowl, pack it, smoke it and enjoy. Who gives a fuck?

Weird.

However, what is bizarre are those random pubes that you find every now and then fused in with some buds.

Thanks, Mr. Weed Sorter! Could you wear a hat next time?

Aw, whatever. Just a thought I had last night whilst high.

MEAT
I'm just going to take the opening here......

Apparently, my great grandfather was buried with a pack of smokes, a bottle of beer and a joint......
I think that's hilarious......My folks have NEVER mentioned that before.....
They were like, "Oh yeah, he was always high...."
REALLY?
coughlin
i'd be a lot more worried about powders / pills than pot.
also, w/pot you can make brownies & get pretty fucked up, & save some lung damage.
not that it's an option for many, but can't decent home-grown be raised nowadays w/some of the right gear?
RiffRaff
QUOTE(coughlin @ Sep 24 2007, 12:01 PM) *

i'd be a lot more worried about powders / pills than pot.
also, w/pot you can make brownies & get pretty fucked up, & save some lung damage.
not that it's an option for many, but can't decent home-grown be raised nowadays w/some of the right gear?

do you have a good brownie recipe? i am always nervous i will fuck it up and end up wasting a lot of weed.
Quill
From farm to consumer, pot typically changes hands maybe four times. For coffee, it's more than thirty.

coughlin
QUOTE(RiffRaff @ Sep 24 2007, 12:28 PM) *

do you have a good brownie recipe? i am always nervous i will fuck it up and end up wasting a lot of weed.

i don't (don't like pot anymore), but google does
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=pot+brownie+recipes
RiffRaff
QUOTE(coughlin @ Sep 24 2007, 12:35 PM) *

i don't (don't like pot anymore), but google does
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=pot+brownie+recipes

awesome. i'm baking tonight.
Look Sharp!
QUOTE(RiffRaff @ Sep 24 2007, 12:28 PM) *

any recipe with a decent amount of butter.

mix the weed with whatever amount of butter the recipe calls for and heat it in a frying pan slowly until the shit turns all brown

then make the recipe

weed krispy treats are SWEET
coughlin
brownies are a whole 'nother buzz, definitely more physical from my exp.
smoking bums me out, but i can have brownies.
dhyal
QUOTE(Look Sharp! @ Sep 24 2007, 01:06 PM) *

mix the weed with whatever amount of butter the recipe calls for and heat it in a frying pan slowly until the shit turns all brown

No, no, no, no, no, 8 billion times no.

Put butter and shake/seeds/stems/buds into boiling water. You can cook it for as long as you like, and guarantee that you will be getting the most extract as safe as possible. There is no way to screw it up if you do it this way, and it's the most efficient method of extraction that you can do without using alcohol.

Boil for about 40 - 45 minutes for maximum extraction. Let it cool for about 20 - 30 minutes and then put whatever you used to boil it in the refrigerator. Wait for the butter to separate and congeal, and then skim it off the top.

THEN go to town with the recipe of your choice, which could be anything from shrimp scampi to brownies.

If you're a cheap bastard like me who likes to get the most bang for his buck... take the leftovers (shake, seeds, stems, buds) and make a pesto with it by using an equal amount of basil leaves to whatever's left, olive oil, pine nuts/walnuts, salt & pepper, and some fresh parmagiano-reggiano.
tenebr8
QUOTE(dhyal @ Sep 24 2007, 01:40 PM) *

Put butter and shake/seeds/stems/buds into boiling water. You can cook it for as long as you like, and guarantee that you will be getting the most extract as safe as possible. There is no way to screw it up if you do it this way, and it's the most efficient method of extraction that you can do without using alcohol.

Boil for about 40 - 45 minutes for maximum extraction. Let it cool for about 20 - 30 minutes and then put whatever you used to boil it in the refrigerator. Wait for the butter to separate and congeal, and then skim it off the top.

THEN go to town with the recipe of your choice, which could be anything from shrimp scampi to brownies.

If you're a cheap bastard like me who likes to get the most bang for his buck... take the leftovers (shake, seeds, stems, buds) and make a pesto with it by using an equal amount of basil leaves to whatever's left, olive oil, pine nuts/walnuts, salt & pepper, and some fresh parmagiano-reggiano.

Post of the fucking day.
tenebr8
QUOTE(dhyal @ Sep 24 2007, 01:40 PM) *

Post of the fucking day.
tenebr8
Fuck you, server! I do NOT make double posts! YOU do!
DJKyttyn
one of the best things to do with the butter is make peanut butter buckeyes - mix 1 part butter with 1 part confectioners sugar and 2 parts peanut butter. roll into balls (about the size of a walnut), and chill until firm, then dip into melted chocolate.

these are good even without the weed...
Nixie
According to a cookbook I have, use about 1 tsp finely ground kind bud per person/serving. Adjust according to the strength of your weed.
TEX
QUOTE(Look Sharp! @ Sep 24 2007, 01:06 PM) *

any recipe with a decent amount of butter.

this is the way I've always done it with debilitating effects.

Don't know why it's "no, no, no, no, no".
dhyal
QUOTE(TEX @ Sep 24 2007, 03:09 PM) *

Don't know why it's "no, no, no, no, no".

You run the risk of burning the butter (which ruins the taste) and burning the bud (which fucks up the batch).

It's also a really inefficient method of extraction.

Using boiling water, you can't burn anything and you can cook it for a longer period, which means you can extract more THC out of the weed.
Christóbal
QUOTE(dhyal @ Sep 24 2007, 03:38 PM) *

You run the risk of burning the butter (which ruins the taste) and burning the bud (which fucks up the batch).

It's also a really inefficient method of extraction.

Using boiling water, you can't burn anything and you can cook it for a longer period, which means you can extract more THC out of the weed.

I don't really understand. Does THC float? Wouldn't the water method dilute the hell out of your stuff?

[pot brownie virgin]
JodyThePig
QUOTE(Christóbal @ Sep 24 2007, 04:18 PM) *

I don't really understand. Does THC float? Wouldn't the water method dilute the hell out of your stuff?

[pot brownie virgin]

I'm not sure, but I assume dhyal means using a double-boiler method rather than actually boiling your butter and weed in water.

Regardless, the THC is extracted into the butter, and the solid waste is skimmed off.
JodyThePig
QUOTE(JodyThePig @ Sep 24 2007, 04:23 PM) *

I'm not sure, but I assume dhyal means using a double-boiler method rather than actually boiling your butter and weed in water.

...But a second look suggests that he is indeed talking about boiling all the stuff together in one pot.

Go figure.
BoDubya
well - thc resides in body fat in dopers. makes sense that it would hide in the butter fat in the pot with boiling water. or something like that.

QUOTE(JodyThePig @ Sep 24 2007, 04:25 PM) *

...But a second look suggests that he is indeed talking about boiling all the stuff together in one pot.

Go figure.

JodyThePig
QUOTE(BoDubya @ Sep 24 2007, 04:33 PM) *

well - thc resides in body fat in dopers. makes sense that it would hide in the butter fat in the pot with boiling water. or something like that.

Right.

And if it's stored in fatty tissues then it presumably can't be water soluble, so boiling it all in water would be okay.

This makes me wonder why the mother of an old friend of mine used to insist that you couldn't do this without a double boiler.

It also makes me wish that I had some of the cookies my old friend's mother used to make.
Bluestreak
I think he means boiling everything right in the water.
Much like boiling vegetables, boiling extracts all the nutrients from the plant -- not something you want with broccoli, but something you'd want for this application.

The essential oils are extracted and rise to the surface, and mix with the melted butter. Put the entire pot *heh* of water in the fridge and let cool until the butter congeals with the new oils.

Then what I'd do is re-melt the butter in a double-boiler and filter out all the remaining greenery with a sive.
Boiling (and double-boiling) prevents burning (which smells terrible).
dhyal
Exactly. THC is fat soluble, and not water soluble. Throw it all in the water and cook it for as long as you want with no fear of burning the butter or fucking up the batch.

If you really want to get fancy and get all the plant matter out of the butter, then definitely follow up with the double boiler/sieve.

TEX
I actually don't like eating it.

I tried for a while, and it just wasn't the same coming home after a long weeks work, and getting WAY too messed up to even watch tv.

When I did try, I took about a tablespoon of butter, a small amount - a thin 'cigarette's' worth, ground well, and stood there and simmered it on low heat in the tiniest sauce pan I could find, never walking away leaving it to burn or anything. Usually took about 5-10 minutes of standing there stirring occasionally with a spoon.

Then I just dumped the butter mixture into whatever I was eating for dinner that night.

I only ended up doing this only a handful of times, as it would completely wreck me for the night, unlike a puff or two which usually gets me a bit wired and breezy.

considering it takes 45 minutes to kick in after eating and 45 minutes to do the boiling method, with similarly devastating results as the butter method, if I ever cook again, it'll just be the butter method, when I have nothing I want to do afterwards for hours and hours.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.