Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Amsterdam, Belgium, and Paris
The Noise Boston > The Noise Board > Open Forum
PeteTheGreek
A small group of us are taking a short trip for my bachelor party and I'm trying to get some ideas of where to hang. Thanks
JuJuagogo
QUOTE(PeteTheGreek @ Sep 23 2007, 07:30 AM) *

A small group of us are taking a short trip for my bachelor party and I'm trying to get some ideas of where to hang. Thanks

You're going to do all of those in a "short trip" good luck - I spent four days in Paris and didn't get to see 1/10 of what I wish I had time to do!

If you do not have time for the Louvre see the Rodin Musee

Get a boat ride down the sienne

Take a walk down Champs Elyess at the end is the arc de triomphe basically it goes in a straight line from the Louvre through the gardens (carousel) to the arc de triomphe

Check out the Red Light District there is also Sacrre Cour in the same area

Lots of great bars and restaurants down in the Bastille Square area as well as up by Madeline

I'm not sure what you're looking to do - really..... You could spend a month in paris and not see everything

There is a tour bus that is relatively inexpensive and takes you to all the hot spots to which you can get on and off and spend time at your discrestion

I haven't been to amsterdam or belgium but I wish you luck!
JuJuagogo
QUOTE(PeteTheGreek @ Sep 23 2007, 07:30 AM) *

You're going to do all of those in a "short trip" good luck - I spent four days in Paris and didn't get to see 1/10 of what I wish I had time to do!

If you do not have time for the Louvre see the Rodin Musee

Get a boat ride down the sienne

Take a walk down Champs Elyess at the end is the arc de triomphe basically it goes in a straight line from the Louvre through the gardens (carousel) to the arc de triomphe

Check out the Red Light District there is also Sacrre Cour in the same area

Lots of great bars and restaurants down in the Bastille Square area as well as up by Madeline

I'm not sure what you're looking to do - really..... You could spend a month in paris and not see everything

There is a tour bus that is relatively inexpensive and takes you to all the hot spots to which you can get on and off and spend time at your discrestion

I haven't been to amsterdam or belgium but I wish you luck!
FrankD
I did that trip in 2001, the hoof and mouth desease was rampant and they wouldn't let tourists off teh train from amsterdam unless we had hotel reservations and we went through inspection. This was pre 911 and they were very antsy already, that's the walloon nature.

in AMSTERDAM:

Italian place across from the Damrak canal, Old Nickle pub for beers lunch - stay there cheap or in their hotel on the Damrak called the OLD QUARTER (seen in many classic postcards of Amsterdam), they serve hearty breakfast as part of the stay and have live bands play at night. Around the corner diagonally there is a club that features live jams...forgot the name....Grasshopper for clean and comfy and large selection.....FLOWER MARKET....local bar/coffeeehouse for the local smokers....TONS of bootleg CDs....Vondel Park (the dog park where everyone walks their dogs) Anne Frank House (heavy downer), Museums, Red Light District (50 bucks US$ for "around the world" BUT NOT FOR YOU), REMBRANDT'S HOUSE buy prints right off the property, Liedesplan, Pomme Frit late night walking snack, All you can eat south american BBQ (all over)...

The train ride to Paris is GORGEOUS

in PARIS:

Getting from PARUS DU NORD to the Latin Quarter can be confusing, and NO ONE will fucking help you because they a re instinctively rude to english speakers.

the Latin Quarter, cheap local hotels, jazz bootlegs, fresh chocolate croissants and orange juice for breakfast, chinese, Italian restaurants. Notre Dame by the Seine. Morrison's grave is a walk and a half but worth it. McDonalds on corner of St Germaine and St Michael pulp fiction style : ), three or four comic book shops along st germaine.

I could not find any worthwhile live music.....I wasn't there on a weekend though.

In either city, hook up with a bunch of english blokes and you'll be entertained by their antics and power drinking.

FrankD
dang it, double post.
PeteTheGreek
Thanks for the tip guys, It's a short trip but I'll be back there in January to catch up on things I'll miss. I'm not really sure what everyone will want to do, just figure it's good to have a long list of ideas. I'd like to hit wine country myself, I heard about the wine auction going on Nov 18th last night.
DJKyttyn
Go to the Red Light Bar/The Bassment - the best hash bar in the red light disctrict. If it's for a bachelor party, it'll be perfect - you can smoke downstairs, drink upstairs, and see naked ladies right outside the front door.
Lollipop
I always recommend the Catacombs for a ghoulish good time in Paris. it'll make you face your own mortality...
FrankD
QUOTE(Lollipop @ Sep 24 2007, 11:27 AM) *

I always recommend the Catacombs for a ghoulish good time in Paris. it'll make you face your own mortality...

I missed that but would like to see them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.