Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SKITTLES contain PIG HOOVES
The Noise Boston > The Noise Board > Open Forum
Look Sharp!
my wife told me a story of a muslim family in her community
that freaked out when they found out that the school-group had given skittles to their kids

anyone hear of this

i guess its from the gelatin?
dimenno
Here are some sneaky products that contain gelatin that you should watch out for:

Jell-O (obviously)
Starburst
Skittles
some yogurts
Gummi Bears
Frosted Mini Wheats
Pop Tarts
Altoids
Some skin and hair care products also contain gelatin. Be sure to read the labels on Noxzema and Neutrogena products.

http://www.jour.unr.edu/outpost/Dining/arc...smu.veggie.html
ImIdaho
The fact that they contain some sort of animal product makes them all the more appealing to me.
killyou
are these made from the hoofs of the pigs you eat or are their separate pigs being raised for this?
Bluestreak
QUOTE(killyou @ Sep 21 2007, 03:12 PM) *

are these made from the hoofs of the pigs you eat or are their separate pigs being raised for this?

laughing.gif
please tell me you're kidding.
tarawhite
Actually, many skincare products contain lanolin, a by product made from sheep fat, I believe. But there may be pig pieces in there too.

I'm going to have to start offering veggie Jello shots next time.
Brian McCaffrey
QUOTE(Look Sharp! @ Sep 21 2007, 02:53 PM) *

that freaked out when they found out that the school-group had given skittles to their kids

anyone hear of this

a perfect example of why NOT to be a muslim: how can you enjoy all of the wonderful 666 products of the running dog son of motherless whore-snake of Great Satan?
Jason Halogen
one of our transsexual advertisers goes by Skittles. She was just here. Very excited about her new ad. Jumping around and spilling out of her shirt a bit. Puts this thread in a new perspective for me.
Brian McCaffrey
QUOTE(Jason Halogen @ Sep 21 2007, 03:20 PM) *

one of our transsexual advertisers goes by Skittles. She was just here. Very excited about her new ad. Jumping around and spilling out of her shirt a bit. Puts this thread in a new perspective for me.

obviously very excited about its new pig hoof implants
Jason Halogen
QUOTE(Brian McCaffrey @ Sep 21 2007, 03:21 PM) *

obviously very excited about its new pig hoof implants

laughing.gif laughing.gif laughing.gif
Flipper

Is Skittles a pre-op or did heshe already get hisher Snickers chopped off ? \

Anyway, what is Skittles advertising ?
Jason Halogen
QUOTE(Flipper @ Sep 21 2007, 03:44 PM) *

Is Skittles a pre-op or did heshe already get hisher Snickers chopped off ? \

all our TS advertisers are pre-ops. And they're advertising their time and companionship, of course.
DJKyttyn
mmmm... piggles!
Soup
I'm more of a snout guy myself.
the other dave
Somewhere a vegan is cringing with righteous anger

laughing.gif
Gort
QUOTE(tarawhite @ Sep 21 2007, 03:17 PM) *

Actually, many skincare products contain lanolin, a by product made from sheep fat, I believe. But there may be pig pieces in there too.

I'm going to have to start offering veggie Jello shots next time.

Lanolin is a waxy substance exuded by sheep that covers their fur, which helps them shed water. It is gathered when they are shorn, by boiling the shorn wool. I learned this when I did a book report in elementary school, and luckily I still remember it.
Jimmy Jax
wikipedia.org, anyone?

Lanolin, also called Adeps Lanae, wool wax, wool fat, or wool grease, a greasy yellow substance from wool-bearing animals, acts as a skin ointment, water-proofing wax, and raw material (such as in shoe polish). Lanolin is "wool fat" or grease, chemically akin to wax, which is secreted by the sebaceous glands of wool-bearing animals, such as sheep. These glands are associated with hair follicles. Lanolin's ability to act as a waterproofing wax aids sheep in shedding water from their coats. Certain breeds of sheep produce large amounts of lanolin, and the extraction can be performed by squeezing the wool between rollers. Most or all the lanolin is removed from wool when it is processed into textiles, eg yarn or felt. The Fanning Corporation is the only lanolin producer with a refinery located in the United States.
tom from out of town
IPB Image
Shivved_in_the_McRibs
QUOTE(killyou @ Sep 21 2007, 09:12 PM) *

Of course! They grow some rabbits for their fur (angora) and others for those tiny little teeth (tiny size chicklets).
Flipper
And so it becomes clear why Skittles (Shittles) give people the runnybums.

Glad I don't eat candy.
bobkonk
QUOTE(Brian McCaffrey @ Sep 21 2007, 03:19 PM) *

a perfect example of why NOT to be a muslim: how can you enjoy all of the wonderful 666 products of the running dog son of motherless whore-snake of Great Satan?

IPB Image
Quill
"Rainbow"

IPB Image
Flipper

If they're going to put pig things in them anyway, the least they could do is make bacon flavored Skittles.
dimenno
If I found skittles in my hot dogs, then there'd be a problem.
FrankD
QUOTE(ImIdaho @ Sep 21 2007, 03:11 PM) *

The fact that they contain some sort of animal product makes them all the more appealing to me.

Qualifies as MEAT on the Reagan food triangle.
FrankD

....pix?

rates?
FrankD
QUOTE(Flipper @ Sep 21 2007, 03:44 PM) *

IPB Image

FrankD
or this REAL SKITTLES AD:

IPB Image
FrankD
or google SKITTLES preop:

IPB Image

sweet!
FrankD
hmmm, guess not?:

"Blogson Johnny-Oh of Closet Extremist shares his pre-op screen shots with us. Post-op can be found here. (work safe unless you sell bibles for a living)"
JuJuagogo
QUOTE(Look Sharp! @ Sep 21 2007, 02:53 PM) *

anyone hear of this

So does this mean they should change their slogan to

"taste the rainbow of hoove flavor" ?

I grew up in Stoneham down the street from the Jello factory in Woburn. Some nights when the wind blew it would smell like rotting animals (no joke - and probably was - Boiling toiling piggy) Other nights it would smell like raspberry or strawberry - oooooh Childhood memories wacko.gif
FrankD
QUOTE(JuJuagogo @ Sep 23 2007, 11:18 PM) *

I grew up in Stoneham down the street from the Jello factory in Woburn. Some nights when the wind blew it would smell like rotting animals (no joke - and probably was - Boiling toiling piggy) Other nights it would smell like raspberry or strawberry - oooooh Childhood memories wacko.gif

JELLO GIVES AND JELLO TAKES AWAY
Look Sharp!

these are the insights that make the noise board so great

Look Sharp!

these are the insights that make the noise board so great.

i am not a vegetarian but i would think that there would be more demand to label such goods as containing animal byproducts
Quill
Skittles are processed to the point that they're not even food. Any animal byproducts are more like a polymer by the time you eat it. It's like not driving because gas has dinosaurs in it.
(x)
QUOTE(Quill @ Sep 24 2007, 09:05 AM) *

Skittles are processed to the point that they're not even food. Any animal byproducts are more like a polymer by the time you eat it. It's like not driving because gas has dinosaurs in it.

laughing.gif

Although, I'm not sure skittles has any animal in it. I don't want to buy them just to look at the ingredients though, they are bad news.
Look Sharp!
"who are the ad wizards that came up with this one?"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.