Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MIT Student Arrested For Fake Bomb At Logan
The Noise Boston > The Noise Board > Open Forum
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
MARSMAN
MIT Student Arrested For Fake Bomb At Logan
(AP) BOSTON An MIT student has been arrested at gunpoint after allegedly walking into Logan International Airport with a fake bomb strapped to her chest this morning.

State police say 19-year-old Star Simpson, a sophomore from Hawaii, had a computer circuit board, wiring and a putty that later turned out to be Play-Doh in plain view over a black hooded sweatshirt she was wearing.

Stay with wbztv.com and WBZ-TV for the latest on this developing story.
Atom Brain
Unless she's crazy (which I'm guessing she must be) she is the stupidest person in Boston this morning.
anatomicallyincorrect
IPB Image
DJKyttyn
Star?
AckAckAckAck
there was also a person on campus the other day dressed as a giant bowl of salad. WE'RE FUCKED
MARSMAN
QUOTE(AckAckAckAck @ Sep 21 2007, 10:58 AM) *

there was also a person on campus the other day dressed as a giant bowl of salad. WE'RE FUCKED

Should we allow people to walk into airports with fake but authentic looking bombs taped to the bodies ..?
Danny Vermin

MIT students have a rather retarded sense of humor. They should work on practical jokes that might get them laid.
AckAckAckAck
QUOTE(MARSMAN @ Sep 21 2007, 11:01 AM) *

Should we allow people to walk into airports with fake but authentic looking bombs taped to the bodies ..?

i was being serious, tim. WE'RE SERIOUSLY FUCKED. THE WORLD IS FUCKED WITH RETARDS.
MARSMAN
QUOTE(AckAckAckAck @ Sep 21 2007, 11:04 AM) *

i was being serious, tim. WE'RE SERIOUSLY FUCKED. THE WORLD IS FUCKED WITH RETARDS.

Oh ..

I hope they fucking jail the douche ..

She is quite lucky she was not shot ...
Danny Vermin
I kinda wish they tasered her, just so we could have another day of morons trying to justify her behavior because the "mean, corrupt cops" actually did their job.
MARSMAN
QUOTE(Danny Vermin @ Sep 21 2007, 11:11 AM) *

I kinda wish they tasered her, just so we could have another day of morons trying to justify her behavior because the "mean, corrupt cops" actually did their job.

No shit ..
killyou
QUOTE(MARSMAN @ Sep 21 2007, 11:01 AM) *

authentic?

i guess in a city shut down by litebrites
Danny Vermin
QUOTE(killyou @ Sep 21 2007, 11:14 AM) *

authentic?

She has a circuitboard with a brick of putty attached to it.

Little different than a litebrite.
MARSMAN
QUOTE(killyou @ Sep 21 2007, 11:14 AM) *

authentic?

Yes ..
MARSMAN
QUOTE(Danny Vermin @ Sep 21 2007, 11:15 AM) *

She has a circuitboard with a brick of putty attached to it.

The cops should have known it was fake .
DJKyttyn
QUOTE(Danny Vermin @ Sep 21 2007, 11:11 AM) *

we all know from movies that if you incapacitate someone with a bomb, they'll release the ignition switch and everything will blow...

or so we're led to believe...
mgorman
"She's extremely lucky she followed the instructions or deadly force would have been used," Pare told The Associated Press. "And she's lucky to be in a cell as opposed to the morgue."
Danny Vermin
QUOTE(mgorman @ Sep 21 2007, 11:27 AM) *

"She's extremely lucky she followed the instructions or deadly force would have been used," Pare told The Associated Press. "And she's lucky to be in a cell as opposed to the morgue."

AWESOME. laughing.gif

I hope she gets sent home from MIT.
Danny Vermin
you knew the bitch was fugly too...

IPB Image
Atom Brain
QUOTE(Danny Vermin @ Sep 21 2007, 11:35 AM) *

IPB Image

I actually think she's cute. wub.gif
AckAckAckAck
QUOTE(Danny Vermin @ Sep 21 2007, 11:35 AM) *

IPB Image

pretty handsome for MIT, actually.
MARSMAN
QUOTE(mgorman @ Sep 21 2007, 11:27 AM) *

Oh yeah !
mfk
MIT student arrested at Logan, allegedly wearing a fake bomb

Anna Badkhen, Michael Levenson, and Andrew Ryan, Globe Staff

An MIT student wearing a device on her chest that included lights and wires was arrested at gunpoint at Logan International Airport this morning after authorities thought the contraption was a bomb strapped to her body.

The woman, identified as Star Simpson, 19, was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and approached an airport employee in Terminal C at 8 a.m. to inquire about an incoming flight from Oakland. She was holding a lump of what looked like putty in her hands, authorities said. The employee asked about the device on her chest, and Simpson walked away without responding, according to Major Scott Pare of the State Police.

Outside the terminal, Simpson was surrounded by police touting machine guns, Pare said. She was arrested, and it was quickly determined that the device was harmless.

"She said it was a piece of art and wanted to stand out on career day," Pare said at a press conference. "She was holding what was later found to be playdough."

Affixed to the front of her black sweatshirt was a pale beige plastic circuit board with green LED lights and wires running to a 9 volt battery. Written on the back of the sweat shirt in what appeared to be gold magic marker was the phrase "socket to me" and below that was written "Course VI."

Simpson will be arraigned today in East Boston District Court.

�Thankfully because she followed our instructions, she ended up in our cell instead of a morgue," Pare said. "Again, this is a serious offense ... I�m shocked and appalled that somebody would wear this type of device to an airport."

According to the MIT website, Simpson is from Kihei, Hawaii, and is a sprinter on the school's swim team. On Simpson's personal website at MIT, she says she is studying computers and enjoys tinkering in a student-run machine shop.

"In a sentence, I'm an inventor, artist, engineer, and student, I love to build things and I love crazy ideas," the website says.
mfk
this is the problem w/ foggy details in the RUSH to get news out first.

First reports had playdoh on the circuit board.

Now its looking like there was an LED device built into her hoodie and she was holding playdoh in her hand.

it'll be interesting when this turns out to be "blinking lights on her shirt" and "playdoh in her car"

(for the record, i think that wearing anything like that to an airport is fucking stupid as hell and she is damn lucky that she didn't get shot.... or tasered)
DJKyttyn
sounds like a poor fashion choice at the very least... a fancy piece of jewelry with a black hoodie? come on...

then again, MIT's not the most fashionable school out there....
AckAckAckAck
next time i'm at an airport i'm gonna dress as a salad with M-16s for croutons. EXTERRORDINARY!
MARSMAN
QUOTE(mfk @ Sep 21 2007, 11:47 AM) *

this is the problem w/ foggy details in the RUSH to get news out first.

(for the record, i think that wearing anything like that to an airport is fucking stupid as hell and she is damn lucky that she didn't get shot.... or tasered)

Imagine the shit the cops would have got if they shot her and it was not a real bomb ..?

Hoo Boy !
mfk
QUOTE(MARSMAN @ Sep 21 2007, 11:53 AM) *

Imagine the shit the cops would have got if they shot her and it was not a real bomb ..?

Hoo Boy !

Well no cop should shoot first without at least trying to figure out what's up. If a cop had just shot her on sight, then yeah... bad cop... shitstorm would be huge and deservedly so.

Fortunatly, cooler heads seem to have prevailed and now they're just pissed at her for making them think she had a bomb. the "hoax device" law seems weird to me. It'll be interesting to see what the hell we're talking about here. But if they start making bombs out of cellphones, would having a cellphone make you guilty of having a hoax devices? It's like those rules in schools about drugs or "lookalikes". This aspirin COULD look like ecstasy, so we're going to expell you on the grounds that you brought ecstasy to school.
MARSMAN
QUOTE(mfk @ Sep 21 2007, 11:58 AM) *

Well no cop should shoot first without at least trying to figure out what's up. If a cop had just shot her on sight, then yeah... bad cop... shitstorm would be huge and deservedly so.

No cop would have shot first ..but it's a very thin line to walk ..

AS they said ..if she did not follow orders/respond by the cops they would have shot to kill ..

I say they would have been a-ok .. what say you ?
Ms. JJ Millie
What a fucktard.
Her parents must be really proud.
She better get expelled.
JodyThePig
QUOTE(MARSMAN @ Sep 21 2007, 11:13 AM) *

No shit ..

LOVES POLICE ACTIONS, HATES MUSIC DOWNLOADING.
mfk
QUOTE(MARSMAN @ Sep 21 2007, 12:02 PM) *

No cop would have shot first ..but it's a very thin line to walk ..

AS they said ..if she did not follow orders/respond by the cops they would have shot to kill ..

I say they would have been a-ok .. what say you ?

well yeah, if she didn't respond to the cops when confronted, they really would have no choice BUT to shoot. would have been sad, but in that situation, you can't fuck around.
Ms. JJ Millie
So has she been sent to the bin for an evaluation yet?
smcd
This girl has to be mentally retarded.
MARSMAN
QUOTE(mfk @ Sep 21 2007, 12:09 PM) *

well yeah, if she didn't respond to the cops when confronted, they really would have no choice BUT to shoot. would have been sad, but in that situation, you can't fuck around.

we have found common ground ..

Shall we go on a date together ..
(x)
QUOTE(mfk @ Sep 21 2007, 11:43 AM) *

Affixed to the front of her black sweatshirt was a pale beige plastic circuit board with green LED lights and wires running to a 9 volt battery. Written on the back of the sweat shirt in what appeared to be gold magic marker was the phrase "socket to me" and below that was written "Course VI."

laughing.gif
fake bomb
killyou
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/14171964/detail.html

"Pare said the device had wires connected to a battery, allowing it to light up."

IPB Image

---in a post 9.11 everything is out to kill your freedoms.
anatomicallyincorrect
QUOTE(mfk @ Sep 21 2007, 11:58 AM) *

Fortunatly, cooler heads seem to have prevailed and now they're just pissed at her for making them think she had a bomb. the "hoax device" law seems weird to me. It'll be interesting to see what the hell we're talking about here. But if they start making bombs out of cellphones, would having a cellphone make you guilty of having a hoax devices? It's like those rules in schools about drugs or "lookalikes". This aspirin COULD look like ecstasy, so we're going to expell you on the grounds that you brought ecstasy to school.

Richard Reid had a bomb in his shoe - we can still wear them into airports (although they will be X-rayed if going through security).
MARSMAN
QUOTE(JodyThePig @ Sep 21 2007, 12:08 PM) *

LOVES POLICE ACTIONS, HATES MUSIC DOWNLOADING.

Funny enough I DO think people caught illegal downloading should be shot to death ..

Well atl east Tasered
AckAckAckAck
QUOTE(smcd @ Sep 21 2007, 12:12 PM) *

BUT SHE GOES TO MIT! HEE-HAW!
killyou
QUOTE(smcd @ Sep 21 2007, 12:12 PM) *

"Affixed to the front of her black sweatshirt was a pale beige plastic circuit board with green LED lights and wires running to a 9 volt battery. Written on the back of the sweat shirt in what appeared to be gold magic marker was the phrase "socket to me" and below that was written "Course VI."

i think the people that thought it was a bomb or a fake bomb etc. . . . are the ones who would be considered retarded.
Danny Vermin
QUOTE(killyou @ Sep 21 2007, 12:13 PM) *

"Pare said the device had wires connected to a battery, allowing it to light up."

IPB Image

Bringing it into an airport should be grounds for the cops to shoot you in the head, just on principal.
MARSMAN
QUOTE(killyou @ Sep 21 2007, 12:13 PM) *

IPB Image

Are you honestly that mentally challenged ?

No really , are you ?
(x)
QUOTE(killyou @ Sep 21 2007, 12:15 PM) *

"Affixed to the front of her black sweatshirt was a pale beige plastic circuit board with green LED lights and wires running to a 9 volt battery. Written on the back of the sweat shirt in what appeared to be gold magic marker was the phrase "socket to me" and below that was written "Course VI."

i think the people that thought it was a bomb or a fake bomb etc. . . . are the ones who would be considered retarded.

Agreed, also it was in plain site, not a "fake bomb" just a circit board that lights up.

Aslo, this is retarted:

"The major praised the booth attendant but said the incident is a reminder of the terrorism threat confronting the civil aviation system. Two of the four passenger jets hijacked on Sept. 11, 2001, took off from Logan.
laughing.gif laughing.gif
Atom Brain
QUOTE(Ms. JJ Millie @ Sep 21 2007, 12:11 PM) *

So has she been sent to the bin for an evaluation yet?

I hope so. I seem to have a better track record with the ladies that have been to the nut hatch!
JodyThePig
I got onto the 57 bus this morning with an Etch-a-sketch duct-taped to my chest and the driver broke my jaw.
Jack
QUOTE(mfk @ Sep 21 2007, 11:43 AM) *

"In a sentence, I'm an inventor, artist, engineer, and student, I love to build things and I love crazy ideas," the website says.

Literally crazy.
(x)
Actually, my spelling is pretty retarded.
Danny Vermin
QUOTE((x) @ Sep 21 2007, 12:17 PM) *

Agreed, also it was in plain site, not a "fake bomb" just a circit board that lights up.

Aslo, this is retarted:

"The major praised the booth attendant but said the incident is a reminder of the terrorism threat confronting the civil aviation system. Two of the four passenger jets hijacked on Sept. 11, 2001, took off from Logan.
laughing.gif laughing.gif

the fact that she didn't have the sense NOT to bring something like that to an Airport means she gave up any rights she had to not be treated like the fucking idiot that she obviously is.
(x)
QUOTE(JodyThePig @ Sep 21 2007, 12:19 PM) *

I got onto the 57 bus this morning with an Etch-a-sketch duct-taped to my chest and the driver broke my jaw.

My spirograph didn't go over too well on the B Line this morning. Still can't sit down or walk right.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.