Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pats case closed
The Noise Boston > The Noise Board > Open Forum
Pages: 1, 2
Soup
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patr...nfl_update.html

summary: a pissing match between 2 coaches gets out of hand, league rules that a rule was broken but no cheating occurred, and now there is no evidence of any of the looney tunes 'audio stealing' conspiracy.
guest_bob
meanwhile ... Rodney Harrison started taking the steroids in the run-up to the 2004 superbowl it weas discovered.

so he's been on them since 2004 ...no doubt accounting for his performance over the last few years.

still a fraud of a team.

Soup
QUOTE(guest_bob @ Sep 21 2007, 09:02 AM) *

meanwhile ... Rodney Harrison started taking the steroids in the run-up to the 2004 superbowl it weas discovered.

so he's been on them since 2004 ...no doubt accounting for his performance over the last few years.

still a fraud of a team.

I would release Harrison if I were the Pats. I have a MUCH bigger issue with that than any of this foolish video shit.
guest_bob
QUOTE(Soup @ Sep 21 2007, 09:04 AM) *

I would release Harrison if I were the Pats. I have a MUCH bigger issue with that than any of this foolish video shit.

i'd be down w/ trading mcnabb to the pats for harrison

RockZilla
QUOTE(guest_bob @ Sep 21 2007, 09:09 AM) *

So, Harrison's a "fraud" and a cheater when he's taking banned supplements with the Pats, but you'd trade away the best player on the Eagles to get him their roster?
Billy Chapel
QUOTE(guest_bob @ Sep 21 2007, 09:09 AM) *

Did you notice how every other african american QB pretty much shat on his comments yesterday?
Defbil
QUOTE(Billy Chapel @ Sep 21 2007, 09:13 AM) *

Did you notice how every other african american QB pretty much shat on his comments yesterday?

What's this all about? McNabb say something big or something?

sixpinelbow
I got in to it with mf a few years ago about how much of a cheap fucking cock Harrison is, on and now it comes out, off the field. I like being proven right.

Danny Vermin

still a fraud of a team.

How Long Was Donte Stallworth on the same stuff while with the Eagles?
His Daddy

still a fraud of a team.

Yep, he cheated like crazy while he was riding pine during his IR stints. What he spend, half of that time between then and now on the IR? Longer?
Danny Vermin
QUOTE(His Daddy @ Sep 21 2007, 09:46 AM) *

Yep, he cheated like crazy while he was riding pine during his IR stints. What he spend, half of that time between then and now on the IR? Longer?

He was cheating dude. Doesn't matter if it was cheating at Madden 2006 from his couch, it's still cheating dude. laughing.gif
guest_bob
QUOTE(RockZilla @ Sep 21 2007, 09:12 AM) *

So, Harrison's a "fraud" and a cheater when he's taking banned supplements with the Pats, but you'd trade away the best player on the Eagles to get him their roster?

anything to get rid of mcnabb. i'd cut harrison after he was acquired via trade. i dislike harrison more than most nfl players. i was being farcical.
Billy Chapel
QUOTE(guest_bob @ Sep 21 2007, 09:51 AM) *

anything to get rid of mcnabb. i'd cut harrison after he was acquired via trade. i dislike harrison more than most nfl players. i was being farcical.

So I'm curious - all teasing aside - why does Philly hate McNabb so much? Is it kind of the way we hated Bledsoe? Although I do think Boston fans are more forgiving than Philly fans.

If Clemens came back here in 5 years to get his number retired, he'd get a 10 minute standing ovation...(although he is, as of now, ineligible)
guest_bob
QUOTE(Billy Chapel @ Sep 21 2007, 09:13 AM) *

mcnabb's an idiot. i blame his parents. i'm so sick of that fucking guy. jaworski got 10x the shit mcnabb ever has, except he never bitched and maoned about it or said "oh poor me, polish american QB's have it sooo much tougher, wah" and now the city loves the guy.

yeah its true that philly idolizes rocky even though its the real life hometown of the real life joe frazier (i.e.) but people criticize mcnabb for his faults and weaknesses - just like it is for every other celeb. sports person.

Danny Vermin
QUOTE(Billy Chapel @ Sep 21 2007, 10:00 AM) *

So I'm curious - all teasing aside - why does Philly hate McNabb so much? Is it kind of the way we hated Bledsoe? Although I do think Boston fans are more forgiving than Philly fans.

If Clemens came back here in 5 years to get his number retired, he'd get a 10 minute standing ovation...(although he is, as of now, ineligible)

I don't think Boston ever really hated Bledsoe. I think everyone just felt bad for him because they couldn't seem to field an O-line for him.

As for McNabb - he's a crybaby and an excuse maker. He plays the race card to explain the fact that he's just plaing sucked for the last few years.

And he fucking puked in the huddle at the Superbowl. That's like peeing your pants on stage at a Spelling Bee.
MrCheese

still a fraud of a team.

I know, huh, makes me sick.

IPB Image
guest_bob

they don't ...yet.

it's like 'back of the bus' treatment ... it was the same with barkley, jaworski, mike schmidt, pat burrell, tim kerr, lindros, rolen, etc. everyone knows these guys get paid $$$$ to play a fucking game while the rest of us pay for it and so its like the pit in olde shakespearean theatre. the athletes are there because we pay for them to entertain us, thats it.
MrCheese
So if the guy were in the front row of the stands instead of 30 feet or so away on the sideline, there wouldn't have been a problem with the league officials, is that right?
Billy Chapel
QUOTE(MrCheese @ Sep 21 2007, 10:08 AM) *

I know, huh, makes me sick.

IPB Image

is this real????

If so...

bravo.
MrCheese
QUOTE(Billy Chapel @ Sep 21 2007, 10:11 AM) *

is this real????

If so...

bravo.

That's nothing. On 3rd Down he sharts!
guest_bob
always about the puking. this happens when you exert yourself. i guess the steroid shooting pats took steroid laced precautions against over-exertion ... but for the non-steroid shooting athlete fatigue happens ...i've puked many times being run into the ground, it's not really that uncommon. i grew up with tom nalen ... he pukes pretty much every game.

ray fernandes
Mc Nabb=Overrated
Billy Chapel
QUOTE(guest_bob @ Sep 21 2007, 10:14 AM) *

always about the puking. this happens when you exert yourself. i guess the steroid shooting pats took steroid laced precautions against over-exertion ... but for the non-steroid shooting athlete fatigue happens ...i've puked many times being run into the ground, it's not really that uncommon. i grew up with tom nalen ... he pukes pretty much every game.

grew up with tom nalen, dated laura kinsman...

you're just uber connected!
Danny Vermin

Why do you constantly name drop in sports threads?

guest_bob
QUOTE(Billy Chapel @ Sep 21 2007, 10:21 AM) *

grew up with tom nalen, dated laura kinsman...

you're just uber connected!

i even saw ben affleck in front of the abbey one time.
guest_bob
QUOTE(Danny Vermin @ Sep 21 2007, 10:22 AM) *

Why do you constantly name drop in sports threads?

you know that book by rockefeller?
Thunder Horse
case closed ? so says the Patriots

the other 31 teams in the NFL and the general public won't forget about it anytime soon
Billy Chapel
QUOTE(Thunder Horse @ Sep 21 2007, 10:54 AM) *

the other 31 teams in the NFL and the general public won't forget about it anytime soon

laughing.gif laughing.gif laughing.gif

The general public are already sick and tired of it and the other 31 teams are annoyed with mangini, not Belichick.

You're a good guy, but your sports posts are usually pretty stupid.
Soup

yeah they will. The american sports fan is not known for his/her long attention span.
Danny Vermin
QUOTE(Billy Chapel @ Sep 21 2007, 10:57 AM) *

No shit.
Danny Vermin

No, actually this was an announcement from the League Officials, not the Patriots.
Thunder Horse
QUOTE(Billy Chapel @ Sep 21 2007, 10:57 AM) *

sorry, i'm not a homer like youz guys

IPB Image
Billy Chapel
QUOTE(Thunder Horse @ Sep 21 2007, 11:06 AM) *

sorry, i'm not a homer like youz guys

IPB Image

My statement was anything but a homer statement. The only people still making a big deal out of this are conveniently yahoos form Philly and Pittsburgh who think that video scouting had anything to do with winning a game.

Pretty pathetic, really.

And once this team rolls on other teams this year - while being under more scrutiny than any other team in sports - we'll prove that point once again.
MrCheese
Go home and get your fucking shine box!

IPB Image
ray fernandes
If this team rolls over the competition and wins the Super Bowl, I don't give a shit what anybody thinks.
Billy Chapel
the funny thing is that public opinion is really swinging towards the pats...there's alot of anti-mangini shit out there right now.

Yes, people think the pats were wrong and arrogant and all that....but it's not "the pats had to cheat to win" it's been "Belichick is too smart to break the rules and this was a stupid mistake."

Meanwhile, practically everyone in the NFL is pretty much hating man-boobs right now
guest_bob
thunderhorse is right. outside of the koolaid drinking pats fans the Patriots are synonymous with "cheaters"

its just true.

no people won't dwell on it ... but it's going to stick with them forever ,,,
Danny Vermin
QUOTE(guest_bob @ Sep 21 2007, 11:46 AM) *

thunderhorse is right. outside of the koolaid drinking pats fans the Patriots are synonymous with "cheaters"

its just true.

If I were given the choice of being remembered as a cheating winner, or a pathetic loser, I'd go with the former.
Soup
QUOTE(guest_bob @ Sep 21 2007, 11:46 AM) *

its just true.

sure it will.... laughing.gif
guest_bob
QUOTE(Danny Vermin @ Sep 21 2007, 11:49 AM) *

If I were given the choice of being remembered as a cheating winner, or a pathetic loser, I'd go with the former.

what about being a pathetic loser that routes for a cheating winner? eh?

hmm?

Danny Vermin
QUOTE(guest_bob @ Sep 21 2007, 12:02 PM) *

what about being a pathetic loser that routes for a cheating winner? eh?

hmm?

When I become a Truck dispatcher, I'll let you know.
guest_bob
bah

MrCheese
ESPN is ignoring the Pats exoneration. No video was used in that game. No other tinfoil hat bullshit like headset signal stealing, etc. Not much being said, there. It's like a newspaper totally slandering someone on the front page for a week straight and then putting a little 3 sentence correction on page 46 like, oops, our bad.

Fuck ESPN.

Where's Righteous Indignation Alert?
sixpinelbow
For the record, the Pats are not my team and I will remember Belichick for being a fucking tenacious genius of a coach who tried to test the iron fist of Goodell. Take all the video you want of signs - it doesn't make a damn difference unless you're dumb enough to not change them.
Billy Chapel
QUOTE(sixpinelbow @ Sep 21 2007, 12:32 PM) *

For the record, the Pats are not my team and I will remember Belichick for being a fucking tenacious genius of a coach who tried to test the iron fist of Goodell. Take all the video you want of signs - it doesn't make a damn difference unless you're dumb enough to not change them.

nice to see all the good news on Everett, by the way....
Billy Chapel
QUOTE(sixpinelbow @ Sep 21 2007, 12:32 PM) *

IPB Image
Mister Rogers

You really are at your crybaby best when you are crybabying about sports...
Billy Chapel
Week 3 Players I Love

Matt Stover, K, Ravens: I love him as much as I can love a kicker. Which is not saying a whole bunch.

Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Laurence Maroney, Wes Welker, Patriots: No truth to the rumor that the Bills' defense is so slow, Belichick hired a sketch artist to steal signals.

ha ha ha....that was actually funny.
Headtap

I don't think anyone really hated Bledsoe. Frustrated at his dumb decisions and how long he held the ball? YES.
Soup
QUOTE(Headtap @ Sep 21 2007, 01:16 PM) *

I don't think anyone really hated Bledsoe.

laughing.gif yeah - all those "Thank you Mo Lewis!" jokes were just 'good natured ribbing' towards a guy who almost died from that hit...there was a not-insignificant segment of the population that actually despised Bledsoe....'dumb stupid Boston fans'...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.