Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need to lose weight
The Noise Boston > The Noise Board > Open Forum
Just Decent
I need to lose weight very badly this season. I can't stand it anymore!! I usually gain more weight throughout the fall and winter season but this year I'm determined to do the opposite. Does anyone have any helpful tips?
idowhatiamtold
I actually began exercising regularly this past year well starting this past June and I’ve already lost 15 lbs. I change my eating habits slightly and looked on the internet for different ideas of exercising. So far the best site out their for good fitness tips is http://www.findyourdetour.com/. They suggest outdoor and indoor activities. I love being outside so it was great for me!
Ron's Brother
Ummm.. this looks like a conversation by two fake bots... Who else agrees?
T-Bone
Keep junk food out of your house. Don't buy it.

Eat smaller meals and have some healthy snacks throughout the day to keep you from getting overly hungry.

Pack your lunch.

Cook dinner for yourself every night or make a huge dinner one night and eat leftovers for a couple nights. Avoid most TV dinners and easy to make shit.

Drink lots of water. Don't drink anything with calories. No more than 1-2 diet sodas a day.

Try to get in at least 3 half hour cardio exercise sessions a day, even if it's only brisk walking.
ƒ(x)
QUOTE(Ron's Brother @ Sep 20 2007, 02:54 PM) *

laughing.gif
Your right.

If they are real, my tip is to eat less. Works every time.
T-Bone
QUOTE(Ron's Brother @ Sep 20 2007, 02:54 PM) *

I just noticed that and you might be right on that one. Oh well.
ƒ(x)
Who is Mew?
Ron's Brother
QUOTE(T-Bone @ Sep 20 2007, 02:57 PM) *

I just noticed that and you might be right on that one. Oh well.

Well, some bots need to diet or have better nutrtion. C3PO was bulimic.. FACT!
JayCal
Pretty good band.
lusting_kay
wait...let me check...

HEY...you're not curvy...YOU'RE FAT!

ok...now we will see if they are real.
ƒ(x)
QUOTE(lusting_kay @ Sep 20 2007, 03:01 PM) *

wait...let me check...

HEY...you're not curvy...YOU'RE FAT!

ok...now we will see if they are real.

I thought you had a "no fat chicks" filter set on this thing?
Quill
Dammit. I was gonna do my "how I lost 80 pounds" shtick.
lusting_kay
QUOTE(ƒ(x) @ Sep 20 2007, 03:04 PM) *

I thought you had a "no fat chicks" filter set on this thing?

ya, but it was based on a scale, and some fatties broke it...speaking of which...5 times here last week means I need to get my ass back to biking to work.

IPB Image
dimenno
Don't read supermarket fliers.

Buy food because it's good for you, not because it's on sale.
junkstar
I lost 45 lbs very simply. The deal:

Eat your standard meals as you always have. Remove fried products and start skipping desert half the normal amount.

Stop snacking completely, unless it something like celery with salsa or an apple etc.

Stop drinking booze for a year or so. After that year, only do it on rare occasions.

Work out 4 times a week for about 40 mins. Be sure you sweat each time. I curl a bit, do push ups, sit ups, and ride an exercise bike.

Keep hydrated with water.

That's it. I lost the first 20 lbs in about 3 months, the other 25 over about the following year. Year and a half and I became a 6ft 1'' guy weighing 172lbs. Perfect. The bod has never been better, the mind never sharper, the energy level way way up. Totally worth the massive adjustment.
smcd
Quit drinking alcohol.

You'll be amazed how fast you lost weight.
DJKyttyn
assuming you're not fake, here's my tips.

-increase your protein intake, and decrease your carbs and fat. you'll feel fuller longer. Low fat flavored cottage cheese is excellent for this. most of us eat WAY too many carbs, and if you tend to gain weight, you're probably one of them. also, cutting back on sodium helps too - most people get WAY more sodium than they need, which causes them to retain water. your body runs on a sodium/potassium pump system, and when these nutrients are not taken in proportion, your entire health suffers.

-find an exercise you LIKE doing, that way you'll stick with it. I found that i like higher intensity yoga, running, and watching movies from my treadmill/elliptical.

-don't keep junk food in your house. if you really need a candy bar or a bag of chips, walk to the convenience store - this will make you think twice about how bad you want it.

-read labels on everything before you eat it. do you really need that much sodium all at once? is an oreo really worth that much of your daily calorie intake?

-use the internet! sites that helped me were http://www.exrx.net (for muscle building and strength training), http://www.calorie-count.com/ (for keeping track of what you eat), and http://www.yogajournal.com/ (diagrams, photos and instructions of all kinds of yoga exercises for strengthening and stretching).

if you are indeed a real person, good luck. you can do it. I did! biggrin.gif

Ms. JJ Millie
According to Special K all you have to do is replace 2 meals with their cereal products.
MMM
Cereal, it's what's for dinner!
T- RAV
cut your fucking head off, that should shed a few lbs
lusting_kay
QUOTE(DJKyttyn @ Sep 20 2007, 03:29 PM) *

-increase your protein intake ohmy.gif

rolleyes.gif
DJKyttyn
QUOTE(lusting_kay @ Sep 20 2007, 03:38 PM) *

rolleyes.gif

imagine how skinny i'll be now that i've moved in with my sweetheart.

whoa!
Ron's Brother
QUOTE(DJKyttyn @ Sep 20 2007, 03:40 PM) *

imagine how skinny i'll be now that i've moved in with my sweetheart.

whoa!

I just married mine. So I guess she will be come less healthy now.
Jason Halogen
QUOTE(smcd @ Sep 20 2007, 03:26 PM) *

Quit drinking alcohol.

You'll be amazed how fast you lost weight.

wallbash.gif wallbash.gif wallbash.gif wallbash.gif wallbash.gif
Jason Halogen
QUOTE(Jason Halogen @ Sep 20 2007, 03:42 PM) *

wallbash.gif wallbash.gif wallbash.gif wallbash.gif wallbash.gif

Oh, that was directed at myself, not smcd. I'm pretty OK, but I'd be as thin as I'd like if I didn't like beer so damn much.
DJKyttyn
QUOTE(Ron's Brother @ Sep 20 2007, 03:42 PM) *

I just married mine. So I guess she will be come less healthy now.

laughing.gif
coughlin
QUOTE(Ms. JJ Millie @ Sep 20 2007, 03:32 PM) *

According to Special K all you have to do is replace 2 meals with their cereal products.
MMM
Cereal, it's what's for dinner!

i could eat cereal 3x a day, but it's hard to find any that aren't 90% sugar (including special K).
at least now there are brands of jelly w/o sugar for PB&Js.
i just don't like sugar in general.
lisalisa
QUOTE(coughlin @ Sep 21 2007, 12:28 AM) *

i could eat cereal 3x a day, but it's hard to find any that aren't 90% sugar (including special K).

Cheerios my favorite has 1 gram of sugar.
FrankD
QUOTE(coughlin @ Sep 21 2007, 12:28 AM) *

I like wheat chex or rice chex

carbs are good in the MORNING

Don't drink DIET SODA because artificial sweeteners LOWER your metabolism
Don't drink ANY soda...mix Soda Water and all natural fruit juice....Grapefruit is best for weight loss

bodyforlife.com for suggested exercises

the WEIGHT LOSS PLAN (minus the shots) has an excellant diet worked out....

Try to only buy ALL ORGANIC....if you buy food at TRADER JOES be sure it is labeled ORGANIC or else it isn't...

DON'T eat McDonalds or food like that

DON'T eat portions larger than your fist

save leftovers and eat them later.

DON'T eat late at night....

Drink a glass of WATER to begin your day

Work out more, stay active and stretch

NO msg in chinese food, most restaurants are happy to do that.

I've been trying to stick to the above....

I lost 18 pounds the first month...but gained 8 pounds back and am hovering at the -10 pound level for the last month and a half...

anyhow..good luck mcbots
FrankD
FUCK!!! 5 grams of sugar in Hannaford Wheat Chex
coughlin
QUOTE(FrankD @ Sep 21 2007, 12:47 AM) *

FUCK!!! 5 grams of sugar in Hannaford Wheat Chex

i bet even shredded wheat has sugar (why, god knows, but i'm gonna check)
i can taste like, one granule of sugar even it's buried in a hundred other things.
someone should come out w/a line of pre-pkg'd breakfast stuff that has no sugar... stuff like coffee cake, corn muffins, etc., i wouldn't miss it in the least.
i can barely choke down a plain donut every few weeks, they taste too fuckin' sweet to me.
FrankD
QUOTE(coughlin @ Sep 21 2007, 12:52 AM) *

i bet even shredded wheat has sugar (why, god knows, but i'm gonna check)
i can taste like, one granule of sugar even it's buried in a hundred other things.
someone should come out w/a line of pre-pkg'd breakfast stuff that has no sugar... stuff like coffee cake, corn muffins, etc., i wouldn't miss it in the least.
i can barely choke down a plain donut every few weeks, they taste too fuckin' sweet to me.

Why they put it in? to cover the taste of the secret addictive additives......
DJKyttyn
QUOTE(FrankD @ Sep 21 2007, 12:45 AM) *

I've been trying to stick to the above....

I lost 18 pounds the first month...but gained 8 pounds back and am hovering at the -10 pound level for the last month and a half...

congratulations, FrankD! that's awesome! biggrin.gif
ladyeleanor
Well, yeah, the OPs are shills, same ip obviously pushing the band in both of their sigs. But, there's still some good weight loss info in this thread, especially Frank D's suggestions.

dimenno
Eating processed food in general is a crap shoot. It's loaded with sugar (ala corn syrup) and salt. And it's usually high in fat.
FrankD
QUOTE(DJKyttyn @ Sep 21 2007, 09:20 AM) *

congratulations, FrankD! that's awesome! biggrin.gif

unsure.gif Are you calling me FAT??
FrankD
Joe invented a diet drink that I actually drank for a couple of years....buy the small unsweetened Kool Aid packets and pour one into ice water, mix it up unsweetened......
Optimus Prime Rib
QUOTE(FrankD @ Sep 20 2007, 11:45 PM) *

Don't drink DIET SODA because artificial sweeteners LOWER your metabolism
Don't drink ANY soda...mix Soda Water and all natural fruit juice....Grapefruit is best for weight loss

Drink a glass of WATER to begin your day

These are probably the most important parts, ever. Soda is poison, and diet is probably actually worse for you.
coughlin
QUOTE(FrankD @ Sep 21 2007, 10:56 PM) *

Joe invented a diet drink that I actually drank for a couple of years....buy the small unsweetened Kool Aid packets and pour one into ice water, mix it up unsweetened......

i didn't invent it as a diet drink, i just like sour stuff.
also, a packet is good for like a quart bottle of water (or better yet, club soda), don't use a whole packet for one glass!
otherwise, i'm sure it's still not the best thing for ya.
& i almost never use ice, so maybe yer a li'l foggy.
smile.gif
FrankD
QUOTE(coughlin @ Sep 22 2007, 01:44 AM) *

i didn't invent it as a diet drink, i just like sour stuff.
also, a packet is good for like a quart bottle of water (or better yet, club soda), don't use a whole packet for one glass!
otherwise, i'm sure it's still not the best thing for ya.
& i almost never use ice, so maybe yer a li'l foggy.
smile.gif

I used the ICE

and yeah. definately a big jug.

good flavor and no sugar.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.