Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame - This person needs an
The Noise Boston > The Noise Board > Open Forum
Charlemagne
I don't think rock n' roll could have survived without it.

*I actually have no idea just "who" invented it but whoever it is deserves to be right up there with Elvis.

Atom Brain
"Adhesive tape (specifically masking tape) was invented in the 1920's by Richard Drew of Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing, Co. (3M). Duct tape (the WWII military version) was first created and manufactured in 1942 (approximate date) by the Johnson and Johnson Permacel Division. Its closest predecessor was medical tape."

http://www.ideafinder.com/history/inventions/ducttape.htm
Orbitron
Heh. I had a freind who worked at NE Speedway in the 1970s and they called it "200-mph tape". They used it to tape parts back on to finish a race.
Martine
I still remember Klaus Flouride once chiding a roadie for being extravagant with his use of duct tape... "do you realize how many ducks it took to make that roll of tape?" This was the night they played at Emerson College sometime during the '80's. biggrin.gif
screeg neegis
Good reason to drink heavily before your next flight:
IPB Image

screeg neegis
IPB Image
coughlin
QUOTE(Martine @ Sep 15 2007, 07:53 PM) *

I still remember Klaus Flouride once chiding a roadie for being extravagant with his use of duct tape... "do you realize how many ducks it took to make that roll of tape?" This was the night they played at Emerson College sometime during the '80's. biggrin.gif

ah yes, the "fensgate ballroom," great show, before they went all super-serious...

w/the outlets, and...? can't believe i don't remember...
Mark VI
don't forget the guy that invented the milk crate.

IPB Image
Orbitron
QUOTE(coughlin @ Sep 16 2007, 10:02 AM) *

ah yes, the "fensgate ballroom," great show, before they went all super-serious...

w/the outlets, and...? can't believe i don't remember...

It might have been just the Outlets, or possibly the Marshalls also on the bill? I think that was the 1st time the Outlets played out, and they did all, or almost all covers.
coughlin
QUOTE(Orbitron @ Sep 16 2007, 11:45 AM) *

It might have been just the Outlets, or possibly the Marshalls also on the bill? I think that was the 1st time the Outlets played out, and they did all, or almost all covers.

almost sure it wasn't the marshalls... i almost wanna say boy's life, but probably not...
if the outlets did covers, i don't recall recognizin' any of 'em... i thought i'd already seen 'em by then, but that was a pretty hazy time either way, i'm sure i have the ticket stub somewhere...
Orbitron
QUOTE(coughlin @ Sep 16 2007, 11:59 AM) *

almost sure it wasn't the marshalls... i almost wanna say boy's life, but probably not...
if the outlets did covers, i don't recall recognizin' any of 'em... i thought i'd already seen 'em by then, but that was a pretty hazy time either way, i'm sure i have the ticket stub somewhere...

It's entirely possible I am mixing up two Outlets shows at the Fensgate. I saw them there in what I believe was their 1st time playing out and they did almost all covers, maybe 100% covers. Opening for the DKs was a pretty sweet gig, so it could be they played the Fensgate twice, once opening for some locals as their 1st show, and then later for the DKs, when they had written some originals. If there was no 3rd act on the bill, then I am certain that's the case.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.